The Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship Mission
The Dingman Center is one of the nation’s pre-eminent institutions where the research, education and practice of entrepreneurship are pursued vigorously. We develop and execute curricular and non-curricular programs that uniquely leverage Smith School thought leadership, experiential learning and our network of practitioners to provide maximum resources to startup businesses. Every initiative is designed to support the Center’s mission to build a community, operating from the Smith School that discovers, equips, connects and celebrates entrepreneurs.
A sample of our signature programs:
- Pitch Dingman, a weekly, risk-free forum for students to pitch business ideas to seasoned Entrepreneurs-in-Residence.
- Fearless Founders, a student academy offering workshops, advising, office space, sales opportunities and seed funding.
- Dingman Center Angels, one of the most active angel network in the region, with more than $7 million already invested in area startups.
- Cupid’s Cup, a $75,000 national business competition sponsored by Kevin Plank ’96, founder and CEO of Under Armour.
- China Business Plan Competition, an MBA global studies opportunity culminating in a competition between students from UMD, Peking University and Israel’s Technion.
Our team is made up of experience entrepreneurs as well as higher education specialists.
Life at Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship
Nothing beats the energy of a college campus. We're located at University of Maryland's main campus in College Park. We work hard but do a lot of celebrating along the way.