The FableLabs Mission
FableLabs is passionate about creating storyline driven social games. We're interested in creating experiences that pull the player forward and leave them wanting to find out more. We see ourselves as story tellers that use tools to build characters and worlds for players to explore and engage with. We're looking to become the "Pixar of social games" and create IP that can go into cross-media channels.
Our polling and quiz products reached millions of monthly users
Our first flash game Animal Party has been played by over 3 millon users and is one of the highest rated games on Facebook.
Our next generation game engine will be released shortly and will bring a quality role playing experience to Facebook.
Our team members have had experience at large scale gaming companies and have worked with leading edge developers such as BioWare, Gazillion, Kabam, and Atari. Unlike some studios that staff each game with 40-200 folks, we would rather hire the best and the brightest and give each team member more ownership & responsibility. Some studios like to highlight how they have the biggest army... we'd rather win the war with a small team of Navy Seals.
Life at FableLabs
Location: San Francisco, in a new co-working space - 1 block from the ballpark. We often work from home or cafes though. If you get your work done, we don't care how you do it.
Perks: Working with a passionate and talented team where your opinion matters. We think that's the most important perk of all. We look for folks that are:
* Entrepreneurs not employees
* T-Shaped: Broad and deep on a particular skill set
* Open-minded: Healthy suspicious of authority as well as their own ideas and willing to change if they hear a better argument
* Inspired: Be able to inspire others to do their best
* Risk Seeker: Desire to take on smart risks
* Action-Oriented: Bias towards action rather than paralysis
* Passionate: Be able to debate with passion without making it personal
* Tough: Hard to kill like a weed. Able to thrive in the turmoil of an early stage startup