The Reciprocity, Inc. Mission
To create work tools that inspire employees to understand the greater context of their work, in a very complex world with competing viewpoints, and motivate them to execute well.
Reciprocity, Inc, is a San Francisco software company, with innovative Employee Engagement and Governance, Risk and Compliance software offerings. Major customers include Google, Agilent Technologies, and Smithsonian.
Reciprocity’s gamified social-enterprise feedback application integrates employee feedback and goal-setting to increase employee performance. Our Government, Risk and Compliance (GRC) software is used by corporations to better engage employees with governmental regulations.
We use enterprise consumerization techniques, such as gamification, to make our applications more engaging, rewarding and user friendly. We connect our general societal concerns, such as privacy and environmental laws, to internal governance structures, and we integrate them into an individual’s everyday workflow. We build feedback into our user interfaces to let an individual know what they need to do. We employ web 2.0 designs that blow away competitive applications and continually improve fe
We are a close-knit group at Reciprocity, working hard with the common goal to change the world for the better. We have employees from all over the world, working on this same goal. At Reciprocity, we architect solutions that tie society together, from the corporate executives, all the way down to an engineer sitting at their desk.
Reciprocity was founded by Ken Lynch, an MIT enterprise startup vet, in 2009, based on political economic research, exploring how to better engage society around community and environmental goals. We continue to explore new software gamification techniques around engaging people on these goals, all the way from the individual to societal levels. We place a premium on social responsibility and support a triple-bottom-line mentality to enterprise development.
Life at Reciprocity, Inc.
We have a small office in the Mission that is vacated a couple days of week to head to Google SF and Mountain View. At Reciprocity, we are a close-knit, ragtag group of champions who:
* are poised to make the world a better place, and we’re starting with the workplace.
* think work should be an engaging experience, not just a necessary evil that pays the bills.
* like coming to work, which involves developing tools to help you work.
* work at an exciting startup in the Mission neighborhood of San Francisco, which is another reason we like coming to work.
* turn work you have to do into work you want to do.
* take "Beer Fridays" very seriously, preparing days in advance to enjoy our favorite brews on our roofdeck that has 360-degree views of the Mission