The Thumbtack Mission
Ever wonder why you can buy any product online with a single click, but you can't hire a photographer, tutor, contractor, or other local service professional without a dozen phone calls? So did we. Thumbtack's mission is to make it dramatically easier to hire services, at the same time empowering independent professionals to grow their businesses.
Thumbtack strives to make life easier.
We can help you maintain your home, plan your events, learn new skills, improve your wellness and more across all 50 states. By connecting local professionals directly with new clients, we’re empowering more than 250,000 talented pros to grow their businesses. Thumbtack delivers custom quotes from vetted professionals for any service within 24 hours, enabling consumers to effortlessly compare prices and hire the perfect fit. (Not to mention enabling small business owners to grow their businesses like yoga teacher Jeremy: http://youtu.be/EeN_yUEXmqs)
Check out how our team uses TT pros every day: http://www.pinterest.com/thumbtackboards/thumbtack-bucks/
Why should you join us?
- Incredible Traction: We’re now helping millions of consumers a year across the country find the right pro and driving our business owners more than a quarter billion dollars worth of jobs annually. We’re just getting started.
- Talented team: Our team is talented, fun, and passionate about what we do.
- Enormous opportunity: Local services are a $500+ billion market and the space is wide open. This is your opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a dent-making company that is solving a real problem for real people.
Life at Thumbtack
- Chef-Prepared Food: Our chef prepares lunch and dinner daily in our in-office kitchen. Lunches and Wednesday team dinners are a time to gather around a communal table and invite friends to the office.
- High-Quality Health Care: Health, dental and vision insurance for you and your dependents, with 100% of premiums covered by us. We also cover the membership fee to One Medical so you’ll have access to high-quality, modern health care.
- Compensation: Competitive salary and equity, and access to a 401(k) program.
Flexibility: We believe in working very hard, but we have flexible hours. We don’t have a vacation policy.
- Beautiful Office: A beautiful loft office close to the Powell Street Muni and BART, bus lines and Caltrain.
- Great Equipment: Huge monitors and the work environment of your choice, Mac, Windows, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, whatever makes you most productive.