The Triana Venture Partners Mission
Triana is a group of venture partners and entrepreneurs who co-invest in the global development of high-tech companies. Our focus is on small-to-midsized French- and European-based companies in the Life Sciences and IT sectors. We help companies quickly attain a presence in the United States with infrastructure, team, support services, business development programs.
We screen these companies by mobilizing the insights of some of the country’s leading scientific, financial, and industry experts, and create a platform for their North American business that meets the highest expectations of their future industry, financing and commercial partners.
Even with valuable technologies, many foreign companies fail to take root in the US regardless of their investments or quality of team. Previously, many technically viable organizations could never reach a scale commensurate to success on the north-American continent. However, the TRIANA LABS solution now enables companies to mitigate that risk. Partner companies at Triana Labs are privy to shared expertise and resources, which provide guidance rooted in lessons learned through The Triana Group’s prior undertakings. The Labs’ advantage prepares foreign firms to tackle problems usually learned the hard way. It serves as the tarmac for rapidly accelerating companies into the US market.
• Jabril Bensedrine, PhD, Founder and Managing Director
• Patrick Langlois, PhD, Executive Advisor; General Partner of PJL Conseils; Former Vice Chairman of the Management Board, Executive Vice President, and Chief Financial Officer of Aventis
• Michel Berty, PhD, Senior Advisor; Founder, Former Chairman and CEO of CapGemini USA
• Geert Cauwenbergh, PhD, Senior Advisor; Chairman and CEO of RHEI Pharmaceuticals; Founder, Former Chairman and CEO of Barrier Therapeutics ; President of Bio New Jersey
• Ari Ginsberg, PhD, Senior Advisor; Professor at New York University Stern School of Business; Former Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship at NYU Stern
• Erik Grimmelmann, PhD, Senior Advisor; SVP, Technology and Service Operations, SWN Communications, Inc.; Former SVP Technology Infrastructure at Dun&Bradstreet; Board Member of New York Software Industry Association
• Tamar Howson, MBA, Senior Advisor; Member of JSB-Partners; Former SVP Business Development at Bristol Myers Squi
Life at Triana Venture Partners
• Fast-paced collaborative environment requiring flexibility.
• Startup culture requiring patience and outside the box thinking to meet objectives.
• All members of our team have ability to listen then adapt, can identify short term steps necessary to meet long term goals, and are always looking to learn.