Jana, a Boston-based startup, connects global companies to emerging market consumers. Our products enable both market research and direct response marketing in countries as diverse as India, Brazil, Nigeria, and Egypt. Our global community members receive free talk time on their mobile phone in exchange for taking actions including trial (registration, app downloads), engagement (watching a video, uploading a photo), advocacy (referring a friend), and product purchase (airtime rebates). Every month, millions of emerging market consumers register with mCent, Jana’s consumer-facing, opt-in platform, to receive these offers.
While we are a rapidly-growing, early-stage start-up, we are also the world's largest rewards platform. With integrations into the billing systems of 237 mobile operators, we can instantly reward 3.48 billion emerging market consumers in 70 local currencies with prepaid airtime. We are earning revenue in over 50 countries from clients including: CNN, Microsoft, Johnson & Johnson, Nestlé, Unilever, P&G, Danone, Google, and General Mills. With $25MM in funding from Maurice Lévy (Publicis Groupe), Todd Dagres (Spark Capital), Rohini Chakravarty (NEA), Jon Miller (AOL / News Corp), Paul Sagan (Akamai) and Esther Dyson (WPP) - we are redirecting the $200B being spent on advertising in the developing world away from pockets of the people who own things like billboards - and directly into the pockets of the billions of consumers these global brands are trying to reach.
Jana is hiring an Associate Marketing Manager (BtoB) to work closely with the sales and business development teams to develop strategic, professional marketing materials to use at every stage of the sales lifecycle. S/he will own the creation of all marketing materials that will be used repeatedly by our sales team across the world. In this role, the Associate Marketing Manager will bring our company and product visions to life to global brands and agencies.
Key responsibilities are:
* Create marketing collateral that effectively communicates our product capabilities and solutions and drives advertiser and agency impact.
* Develop industry-specific materials for each product that customizes our value proposition to meet the needs of the advertiser.
* Work with our Lead Designer to create materials and templates that our sales and BD teams will use across the world.
* Build and develop case studies to highlight customer success stories. Use data and relevant metrics to frame success.
* Tell a story effectively using Powerpoint or Keynote. Understand how to organize information on each slide and how to best present content to drive key messages to our clients and partners.
* Author and distribute a monthly newsletter to clients, agencies, and advisors.
* Drive marketing programs to drive market and sales awareness.
* Partner with the management team to spell out Jana's vision and story in compelling presentations and materials.
* Background: BA/BS degree with 2-4 years of BtoB marketing experience.
* Communications: Ability to distill and package complex messages into simple communications, both written and visually.
* Expertise: Experience working in digital advertising and demonstrated passion for emerging markets. Comfort with working in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
* Project Management: The confidence to get projects completed quickly, while understanding the broader strategic impact.
* Design Acumen: An eye for detail is an absolute requirement. The candidate must demonstrate his/her commitment to consistency, quality, and sharp accuracy when managing projects and delivering materials.
* International: Experience creating material for international-facing brands is a big plus.