About Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV): Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV) is a dynamic collaboration of 120+ businesses, governments, academic and non-governmental organizations (Partners), and scores of volunteers addressing environmental sustainability in Silicon Valley. We envision a healthy environment, a vibrant economy, and a socially equitable community. SSV was designed to move beyond the traditional command-and-control model of environmental regulation to one of collaboration and partnership. By focusing on the desired outcome, rather than compliance-driven standards, participants can choose the methods to reach that outcome that make the most sense financially and technologically for each of them. We operate at the intersection of policy and action.
Position: Corporate Donations Associate
Type: Volunteer Position
Time Commitment: 8-12 hrs/week in the SSV Santa Clara office, part time telecommute is okay.
SSV is looking for an individual, who will be primarily responsible for cultivating and maintaining tie up with the Corporations/Institutions. He/She will persuasively communicate Sustainable Silicon Valley's mission and programs to the Corporations/Institutions (our potential funders) and get our organization on their list of Non Profits who they would be willing to support. The Corporate Donations Associate will research for the prospective organizations who may be interested in our mission and will be willing to tie up with us.
This is a volunteer position that works as a member of SSV's Grants and Fund Development Team and requires participation in regular staff meetings and trainings, and has the potential for some telecommuting. It is preferred that the candidate has his/her own laptop and communications tools. In return for the volunteer hours, the benefits to the volunteer candidate may include: job reference letter from the Executive Director of SSV, experience gained while volunteering on various projects, networking opportunities, and current resume entry. Most importantly, you will be helping the organization work towards its vision of a sustainable region, a thriving economy, a healthy environment and socially equitable community.
● Research for the prospective organizations who may be interested in SSV’s mission and will be willing to tie up with us
● Have compelling and persuasive conversation with the Corporations and Institutions for successful relationship building
● Work with teams as needed to develop the necessary descriptions to be provided to the corporations and institutions
● Prepare and submit reports and updates to the Supervisor in a timely manner.
● Support other research work done by the team (as and when needed).
● Maintain up-to-date online and physical files of all donation-related content and correspondence.
● Attend meetings related to grants and fund development.
● Participate in staff trainings and attend special events.
● Conduct other duties related to successful fund development.
Qualities and Skills:
● The successful candidate will be able to communicate proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
● Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
● Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly-organized.
● Excellent ability to manage multiple projects, take initiative, work independently and as a team-member.
● Excellent ability to meet deadlines while also paying close attention to details and accuracy.
● Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
● Experience and excitement about working with diverse groups and communities.
● Flexibility, strong commitment to collaboration, and resourcefulness.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality and commitment to professional ethics.
● Ability to work in deadline driven environment.
● Grant writing experience will be preferred.