Media Record is an online marketplace for independent filmmakers. We are looking to disrupt the conventional process of connecting independent filmmakers and executives for distribution and co-production projects through the festival or market route. We include an educational component to teach independent filmmakers how to develop a project that can raise funding and get distribution. This is the only site of it's kind as we are launching it both in English and Spanish (with the goal of branching out to more) and allowing international filmmakers the opportunity to connect with executives and industry experts.
With our experience in the independent filmmaking and distribution world, we have acquired a network of indie's and exec's excited to use this platform. What we need is a CTO to help us build the best platform ever!
The Chief Technology Officer is responsible for the successful execution of the company’s business through development and launch of the company’s web presence. This requires understanding of the company as a web-based business, building and sustaining the production of apps, and planning for risk and growth.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate web-based services that meet consumer needs and/or solve business problems.
• Experience managing web application development.
• Experience with startup companies.
• Hands-on experience coding in currently popular web application framework.
• Familiar with software development methodology.
• Ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications.
• Has contributed to one or more open source projects.
• Knowledge of web standards.
• Experience with UNIX system administration and web server configuration.
• Knowledge of Internet protocols and RFC standards, database management systems, and revivion control systems.
• Familiarity with technical requirements of Internet marketing and search engine optimization.
• Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
• Familiarity with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements.
• Exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations.
• Proven leadership ability.
• Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
• Exceptional service orientation.
• Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.