My client develops complex search and mobile systems / applications. You will be working on statistical and rule-based models as well as universal search across mobile, web, and desktop. You DO NOT need prior experience building search related software. This software will be used globally by hundreds of millions of people.
We are looking for FIVE strong C++ Linux Software Engineers who have experience building high performance distributed applications. This is a very stable profitable company with a small talented ELITE team that works and operates like a startup. This is a best of both worlds opportunity. The team is very talented and the environment is very collaborative, yet it is very stable.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, preferably from a top University.
- We will consider talented Engineers of all levels: Junior, Mid, Senior, Principal, Architect, etc. As long as you want to be hands-on there is a spot for you.
- Experience with C / C++ in Linux / Unix
- Experience with a scripting language (Perl, Python, etc)
- Experience with complex distributed software systems / applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals (able to apply knowledge of data structures and algorithms)
- Any knowledge of networking (tcp / ip, udp, etc) is a plus
- Software Engineer, Architect, Principal Engineer, Senior Software - Engineer, C++, Linux, Distributed Systems, Search
This is a FULL-TIME opportunity. Only local candidates who are currently authorized to work in the U.S. will be considered at this time.
Please reference Job ID: SU110260
Why should you consider working with me?
* I am very highly respected and highly regarded by my clients and the engineers that I work with.
* I have strong connections and can help you get the job that you want
* I listen closely to what you are looking for so that I do not waste your time. This is your search, not mine.
* I will help you improve (at interviewing, at asking questions, at preparing, at researching, etc) and will provide important (and necessary) feedback.
* I am not pushy and will never ask you to do anything that you don't want to do. Again, this is your search, not mine.
* If you have had a bad experience with a recruiter or recruiting firm it is most likely because they treated you like a number and are looking for a quick transaction. I, on the other hand, am searching to build a lasting relationship with you.
See what my candidates have to say about me:
"I've trusted John on several occasions to find me good positions in SW engineering and he has delivered excellent results every time. He is a professional and a very likable person, something you rarely find in recruiters. If I ever need to look for employment, John would be my first choice. Highly recommended."
"John is a great resource when looking for top talent. He really listens and pays attention to what I'm looking for. He only sends candidates that match the desired profile. His hit rate is very high, which saves me time. It's gotten to the point where I almost don't need to phone screen the candidates he sends. I know they are going to be good. I have worked with a lot of recruiters and John is one of the best. He doesn't try to "sell" me and has a way of efficiently finding talent that others don't"