We've found ourselves running an extremely high-volume ad-serving network, which depends on a variety of services working together in concert. We're looking for someone with a versatile skill set to orchestrate this operation.
This person must be comfortable doing things like:
* writing code that elastically scales computing resources (both up and down)
* writing code that distributes files to a large number of servers
* identifying real-world bottlenecks in a production environment
* tuning web server configuration for optimal performance
* optimizing database server configuration for optimal performance
* visualizing server performance
* balancing load
* testing load
* writing bad-ass shell scripts
* thinking clearly under pressure
* communicating to developers and executives
We love using cutting-edge technologies and priding ourselves on building bullet-proof systems.
Think you're the one? Get in touch.
140 Proof is the first and only way to connect an advertising message with the 50 million people on Twitter. We're a small team of hackers, located in the heart of San Francisco's SoMa district.
What You Get:
* A pivotal role in scaling the product offering and creating the underlying technologies
* Over time, responsibility for all aspects of product implementation
* Exposure to all aspects of a startup, from board meeting to basketball games
* Commit access to all repositories and deploy access to all production boxes
* A deep sense of accomplishment and ownership
* Freedom from micro-management and other forms of corporate oppression
* A healthy chunk of money in your bank account every two weeks
* A generous slice of the company
* Free snacks & soft drinks, dinner, and a full-sized NBA regulation indoor hoop to work it off
* A great location in South Park next to the best micro-brewery in SF (21st Amendment!)
* Full vision, medical and dental coverage