Load and unload bundles from trucks, and move containers to storage bins, using moving equipment.
1) Load and unload bundles from trucks, and move containers to storage bins, using moving equipment.
2) Move levers, depress foot pedals, and turn dials to operate cranes, cherry pickers, electromagnets, or other moving equipment for lifting, moving, and placing loads.
3) Review daily work and delivery schedules to determine orders, sequences of deliveries, and special loading instructions.
4) Weigh bundles, using floor scales, and record weights for company records.
5) Clean, lubricate, and maintain mechanisms such as cables, pulleys, and grappling devices, making repairs as necessary.
6) Direct truck drivers backing vehicles into loading bays, and cover, uncover, and secure loads for delivery.
7) Inspect and adjust crane mechanisms and lifting accessories in order to prevent malfunctions and damage.
8) Inspect bundle packaging for conformance to regulations and customer requirements, and remove and batch packaging tickets.
9) Inspect cables and grappling devices for wear, and install or replace cables as needed.
10) Determine load weights and check them against lifting capacities in order to prevent overload.
11) Direct helpers engaged in placing blocking and outrigging under cranes.