We are seeking to hire a Creative Director & Digital Marketing Maven (or Master) to share our powerful story of individual empowerment through open government, make our useful products beautiful and inspiring, and give ordinary people creative “Easy Buttons” to make the often-confusing worlds of technology and government compelling and relevant to their daily lives. No one has found the answer. There are no rules or “best practices.” Don’t you want to go down in history as The One Who Tamed the Frontiers of Democratic Design?
The ideal candidate should have a wild, indomitable personal passion for storytelling through design, digital and social media. He or she must:
● Savor the challenge of handling our fast-paced startup environment and be comfortable with pushing code and creative every single day. We like pretty and perfect, but we love simple and shipping it.
● Possess the audacity to see the world differently and question assumptions, the kindness to connect with everyone, the humility to meet our users where they are today, and the ingenuity to help them solve – and understand – complex problems with patience, determination and a smile.
● Thoroughly enjoy being a utility player while applying his or her creative talents to positively impacting communities and individuals. Though we’re in tech, we’re more into people and helping them flourish and secure the civic life they deserve.
What You Will Be Doing
● Develop a compelling, rich open government narrative and brand, ensuring each product aligns with that story and that our brand remains consistent across all products and platforms.
● Design visual interfaces, user flows and compelling interactions (UI/UX)
● Create design deliverables – from conceptual sketches to wireframes and final products – for websites, marketing materials, presentation materials, mobile and more
● Work closely with our user and market research teams, developers and executive director.
● Execute digital and non-digital marketing collateral on a daily basis
● Create infographics, short video pieces and other visual material to convey our data and to break down complex workflows, processes and concepts for the total range of users
● Develop and execute multiple presentations for each product or concept, working with our A/B testing team and developers to deliver the right design/UI/UX for each user.
● Assist in the maintenance of our social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and more) and in the development of website, marketing and communications copy
● Constantly seek out opportunities to apply his or her creative and communications talents to enhance our products, our brand and our customer service
What You Should Bring to the Table
● A fantastic digital and non-digital portfolio
● Strong social media skills (sound independent decision-making first and foremost)
● Proven understanding of interaction and design concepts, typography and layout
● Self-motivation, drive and audacity
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
● Ability to multi-task, remain calm under pressure and wear many hats in a quickly changing environment
● A zest for living, and unquenchable love for the startup world
● Genius-level ability with Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut
● Comfortable behind a camera (stills and video)
● 2+ years of professional marketing or communications experience
● 2+ years of professional experience with mobile app or mobile site design
● 4+ years of professional experience with web design
● 4+ years of professional experience designing marketing or educational materials
● Experience in account planning and brand development/management a big, big plus
Adobe Creative Suite