CourseHorse is looking for someone to lead the charge when it comes to showing our students just how dedicated we are to helping them find the right class & to guaranteeing that they have a stellar experience learning. Every day, our customers rely on us to guide them towards the right classes, to help them better understand themselves and their needs, and to navigate the extraordinary learning scene in NYC.
Do you love helping people? Do you have a passion for education? Are you looking to get in on the ground floor to see how companies are built? Then give us a shout, we'd love to have you come help build our community!
How to Know Whether This Job Will Be a Fit:
- You’re looking for more than just a job – you have a desire to help build something real
- You have an interest and appreciation for education and active lifestyles, and a desire to help people connect with both
- You appreciate autonomy – we arm you with the knowledge, the skillset and support system, but you synthesize everything yourself to make it work
- You’re focused on building a diverse set of skillsets that will help you throughout the rest of your career – as an education company, team member development is priority #1
- You like fun, fast paced, (sometimes fabulously witty) environments, and want to work in downtown NYC
- You want to be friends with the people you work with
Connecting with customers via chat, phone & email to help them navigate NYC's local learning world
Delivering on CourseHorse's core promise - to be an incredibly supportive destination for learning
Proactively problem solving - there's no manual, and you must be capable & responsible to write it for us
Structuring our customer service for scalability - you'll be setting the tone for how we delight our customers from here on out
Customer research - customer service is the best way to test new initiatives & learn more about our customers
Social media - eventually this role will become tightly bound with all of our social media initiatives
Learning a ton about every aspect of building a startup
No experience required, though customer service experience is a big plus (but not if it turned you into a robot).
Incredible communication ability – both verbal and written skills
A great balance of personal & professional - you sound like a real person, but one that can be depended upon
Flexible and hungry for feedback – the only way we improve is by telling each other what we can do better!
Deep self-motivation and the ability to self-manage – a curiosity and independence that makes you seek out your own answers and try new things first
Above all, a positive, can-do attitude and extraordinary hustle
Self deprecating wit also appreciated!
$9/hr + Health Benefits