Location in San Francisco or Mountain View
NoSQL distributed databases are one of the biggest trends in Cloud Computing.
If you've ever had to deploy and support a popular web app this could be a great fit for you!
Couchbase is looking for a Customer Support Engineer to support the rapidly growing Couchbase community. This is awesome startup opportunity. We are the fast-growing leader in the NoSQL database industry. NoSQL is behind many of the biggest web2.0 sites around. We have an outstanding team, many of the coders of the memcached, membase, and CouchDB open source projects. Excited? Apply today!
Send in your resume with your answers to these two questions: (please be as specific as possible)
What happens when I type "telnet"?
If I am logged into a server on subnet A, what information can I gather about a server on subnet B using only ICMP?
· You want to be part of the team building the most widely used NoSQL database in the world
· Passion for handling technical issues and solving problems
· Fanatical about customer support
· Friendly, works well with technical clients under tense situations
· Well organized, can keep track of many customers at the same time
· Enjoy a fast-paced startup environment
· Monitor Customer and Community support forums
· Troubleshoot, create and communicate solutions
· Write scripts to reproduce issues
· Work with developers to resolve customer cases
· Identify and write documentation to add to our knowledge base: the Couchbase Network
· Develop internal knowledge of best practices and deployment architectures
· 2-3 years of support experience in an enterprise environment
· Supporting/developing Web applications in PHP/Java/.Net/Ruby/Perl
· Administrating and managing Linux and Windows systems
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent analytical skills
· Great interpersonal skills: you work easily with customers and developers alike
· Demonstrated ability to gather relevant information and diagnose issues effectively and efficiently
· Networking skills very highly valued
· Experience with Database Systems
· Experience with ticketing systems
· Flexibility to be "on call" is a big plus
· Familiarity with NoSQL databases a big plus
· Salary commensurate with experience
· Full benefits (health/dental, 401(k)), and stock options