We are Beats Music, the brainchild of music industry visionaries Jimmy Iovine and Trent Reznor.
We know music - we obsess over it, and devote our lives to it. We understand music is an experience, not a utility. We realize the heart and inspiration it takes to craft music and cherish the connection between the artist and the listener. Musical taste is complex, evolving, and unique. We believe that hearing the right music at the right time enriches your life. It's why we're here: To deliver musical bliss, and move culture.
If you care about these things, you belong with us.
You’re friendly, positive, professional, “real”, and fun to work with!
You’re a creative, outsidethebox thinker with excellent problemsolving and decisionmaking ability. You’re proactive, selfstarting, organized, and willing to take on tasks beyond job scope.
You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You’re selfmotivated, energetic, and passionate about music
We’re looking for a Data Quality Engineer for our Personalization and Data Services team.
● Work with data scientists, analysts, and Big Data engineers to perform white box and grey box testing of data pipelines, algorithms, and analytics infrastructure
● Develop, maintain, and validate data quality standards and metrics for data pipelines and recommendations infrastructure
● Explore edgecases, define test plans, and track and triage incoming bugs
● Help to build and maintain comprehensive, fullstack automated tests.
Skills & Experience:
● Advanced, demonstrated knowledge of software testing methodologies and concepts, such as bug triage and prioritization, edgecase identification, test planning, and test automation
● Familiarity with common software development practices and tools
● Ability to work comfortably with Linux commandline tools and interfaces
● Strong analytical skills with a methodical approach to problem solving
● Deep understanding of SQL (MySQL preferred)
● Comfortable with Agile software development methodologies
● Experience working with version control systems such as git or subversion
● Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
● Understanding of database concepts like NoSQL, graph databases, MapReduce,
indexing, normalization, and schema design
● Strong understanding of advanced mathematical concepts in algebra and statistics
● Familiarity with Git Flow and advanced git usage
● Programming experience in Python, PHP, bash, or another scripting language.
Life at Beats Music
Beats fosters creativity, because we know it takes more than talent to turn code into innovation. We're flexible, allowing you to find your groove, and attract the inspiration it takes to turn brilliant ideas into reality. Benefits and perks include:
Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
Sweet hookups on all Beats by Dre gear
Warm family culture
Catered lunches and regular massages
An open, sun-lit workspace, complete with custom coffee bar, office snacks, ping pong, billiards, xbox… you get the picture.