Are you passionate about building database systems? Would you like to build systems that have the potential to change the world of analytics? Read on...
Member of Technical Staff
Scaligent is a stealth-mode startup based in Silicon Valley, looking to bring disruption to the $10B business intelligence market. We are building an innovative product for enterprises and cloud service
providers; a product that combines a world-class interactive data analysis and visualization front-end with an infinitely scalable distributed backend. Our founding team is a unique mix of strong business and technical expertise. On the business side, we have experience of building rapidly-growing businesses like Nutanix from scratch and we have helped companies like Aster Data grow into a disruptive innovator (Aster was acquired by Teradata for $300M). On the technical side, our team has deep experience in distributed systems, machine learning and anr alytics at companies such as Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Yahoo. We are backed by top-tier VC firms and well-known angel investors. We are in the formative stages of the company and seek like-minded individuals who are driven by a strong sense of creation
and passion for excellence. For early team members, we provide a unique opportunity to shape the product as well as the company itself. If you want to be a part of a strong team that has the potential
to redefine the large and rapidly growing data analysis market, check us out.
Ajeet Singh: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ajeetsinghmann
Amit Prakash: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/amit-prakash/2/19a/507
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, would be to lead the effort to build a high-performance query processing and optimization engine for a distributed database system.
To shine in this role, you are a passionate engineer who has:
• Deep understanding of relational database systems
• Experience in designing and developing database query processing and optimization components of relational database systems
• Strong coding skills in C/C++
• Experience in distributed database management systems is a plus
• Bachelor/Masters in Computer Science, PhD preferred
• An open work environment that values empowerment and collaboration at all levels
• An opportunity to work with high-caliber team members
• A very attractive stock option plan and competitive compensation
• Team outings, TGIFs... We work hard and play harder.
• An opportunity to actively participate in building a company from scratch
• An opportunity to define this list!
Scaligent is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
No third party applications accepted