Arcadia is seeking a DevOps engineer to work with one of our teams. We've developed a program management platform for our consulting teams to use when working with our clients. Our consulting teams help industry-leading organizations transform healthcare, and our application helps them keep track while they do it.
We've been managing our own servers for a while and we just pushed our 2.0 release into production. Now we need your help as we keep hacking through the jungle that is continuous deployment, cloud hosting, server management, centralized log monitoring, and real-time user monitoring. You’ll have plenty of autonomy and plenty of opportunity to contribute to core application development. We want you to be part of the team, not an adjunct. There are still a lot of opportunities to help us make technology decisions.
Keep our servers humming and happy!
Keep our development team honest with reliable continuous deployment.
Monitor, manage, and administer our Dev, Demo, and Prod environments.
Drive decisions on our environment architecture as we bring on more users.
Read over our Chef cookbooks and Capistrano recipes and tell us what we did right. (Just kidding. We’re going to look to you to help us redo a lot of it.)
Contribute to core application development, as much as you can.
Implement new measurement technologies and help us improve performance.
Solid familiarity with Linux system administration and Chef, Puppet, or similar tools.
Experience working with Ruby on Rails is strongly preferred.
Internship or work experience in a related field is a definite plus.
Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently.
Good software engineering hygiene: source control, test-driven development, etc.
• BS, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
• Competitive base salary, commensurate with experience.
• Quarterly profit-sharing bonus plan based on individual and company performance.
• 4 weeks paid time off per year, in addition to 10 annual company holidays.
• 401k plan with company matching funds.
• Health, dental and eye care insurance plans partially paid for by company.
• Company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance.