Skyline Solar is seeking a seasoned Director of PV Design to own development of photovoltaic module product development. This will include directing the internal design efforts on PV cell, mechanical components, packaging, electrical and process design for Skyline’s HGS module. You will also collaborate closely with internal and external global supply and manufacturing partners to optimize the design for manufacturability and low cost.
Success requires deep experience in PV device, packaging, production and test environments. This experience positions you to efficiently arrive at critical design and process decisions to strike the right balance between performance, reliability and cost. You will interact with a wide variety of groups both within and external to Skyline.
• Drive product development of silicon-based photovoltaic modules optimized for large-scale systems.
• Work closely with manufacturing, reliability and quality functions to ensure product design robustness, capabilities of suppliers and manufacturing partners and timely product certification
• M.S . in electrical engineering, materials science, mechanical engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years PV module product development experience
• Demonstrated ability to effectively deliver product designs suitable for mass production
• Broad based experience in DFM issues and field failure modes relating to PV modules and systems
• Experience with concentrating PV systems a plus
• Excellent technical and team leadership skills
• Strategic vision planning and the ability to translate this into an actionable plan
• Team player with a track record of success working with cross-functional teams
How to apply
Please send a position-specific cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include position title in the subject line.
About Skyline Solar
Skyline Solar is an early-stage privately-funded photovoltaics startup located in Silicon Valley. Equal Opportunity Employer.