Company: Ustream, Inc.
Title: Director of Content & Business Development
Location: CA – Los Angeles
Job Category: Business Development
Relevant Work Experience: 3-7 years
Ustream is seeking a talented, experienced and exceptional Director of Content and Business Development to manage and execute the development and accomplishment of content-related partnerships, business plans, and objectives for Ustream. The ideal candidate will play a visible role in the development, analysis and implementation of strategic initiatives, including organic business initiatives. They will identify solutions, positions, and ultimately closes compelling marketing solutions/engagements to key stakeholders across the Film, Television, Music, and Sports industries. This includes generating new business and qualifying potential leads, pitches, proposal writing, contract negotiations and client management. The ideal candidate should have 3-7 years of business development experience in the consumer internet and/or major media space with concentration in negotiating large content deals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Executing deals/partnerships to increase both broadcasters and viewers in multiple verticals, including: Film, Television, Music, and Sports
• Research and evaluate new content partners, market trends and opportunities
• Prepare presentations, financial projections, and competitive analysis
• Manage client and internal communications
• Develop and manage a stable of channel and distribution partners to ensure that Ustream expand its reach and monetization options
• Assists and advises the Executive Team in the development of the content business plans, objectives and priorities
• Drives the business development process from conception to deal closure - continuously developing and maintaining strategic partnerships
• Organizes strategy and develops approach (understanding needs, requirements for quality)
• Initiates and devises client solutions and proposals ensuring realistic deliverables and profitability
• Works jointly with marketing on a variety of efforts to identify and grow additional business opportunities, including additional client work for project expansion
• Develops and executes company traffic goals and various campaigns to generate higher traffic
• Prepares comprehensive proposals, estimates and produces plans to meet client requirements
• Analyzes project requirements and translates client needs to project management to ensure appropriate conceptual work and requirements for the job
• Meets or exceeds department goals and other objectives
• Reports weekly partnership funnels and manages its growth and development.
• Oversees the operation of all content-related activities. Organizes pursuit teams, develops pursuit approach (understanding needs, requirements for quality) and delegates team to specific tasks
• Drafts proposals/estimates
• Develops and assesses leads to assure overall quality and accuracy
• Develops and maintains strategic partnerships
• Assists in the development of required collateral
• Ensures accurate and diligent record keeping of contacts.
• Works with sales and senior management team to develop new business offerings.
• Addresses sales-related questions and issues
• Attends seminars, trade shows, and industry events as necessary to stay current with advancements in technology, design and sales techniques
• Continuously analyzes trends and marketing strategies that are being implemented by companies inside and outside the interactive industry
• Hire and resource a small content management team
The successful Director of Content Business Development will have a good combination of strategy and execution skills that enable them to discover simple, elegant solutions to complex problems and manage multiple projects simultaneously. The right candidate will be a highly-motivated self-starter with:
3+ years of relevant work experience in Content Acquisition
Experience negotiating extensive contacts, especially within major entertainment and online companies/properties.
Strong analytical, communication, and presentation design skills
Passion for media content across several verticals, including music, movies, TV, entertainment, video gaming, podcasting, news, politics, etc.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Extensive knowledge of online business models and internet/consumer technology
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships inside and outside social media tools
Ability to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision
Ability to develop and sustain executive relationships
Ability to build and present proposals
Proven experience in motivating and influencing cross-functional business and technology teams
Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with peers, subordinates, senior management and clients.
Excellent grammatical, organizational, and communication skills
Creativity, business savvy, latitude, flexibility and tenacity
Strong execution and follow up skills
Ability to perform efficiently in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment while meeting critical deadlines.
Demonstrated history of attributes consistent with culture: can-do attitude, customer-focused, flexible, initiative, quality-conscious, responsive, teamwork and contributing to other’s success
B.S. or B.A. degree; MBA a strong plus
The ideal candidate will want to join a rapidly growing early-stage company with the potential to
Please visit http://www.ustream.tv/careers.
Ustream.TV - a venture-backed start up - is a live interactive video broadcast platform that enables anyone to broadcast to a global audience of viewers. For the first time the mass market can instantly provision live interactive video broadcast functionality that is infinitely scalable. Empowering a vast new set of users with Ustream's interactive broadcast functionality creates a compelling new market of rich broadcast content. We now have over 1.6 million registered broadcasters and are delivering nearly 13.5 million viewer hours of broadcast content each month. Individuals and organizations are rapidly adopting Ustream for a broad set of uses.
Ustream's interactive broadcast platform has:
• Enabled entertainers such as Tori Amos, The White Stripes, Marie Digby, Steven Curtis Chapman, Chris Brown, The Plain White Tees, and Jason Scheffy to connect and interact with fans across the globe
• Empowered tens of thousands of mainstream broadcasters to broadcast events like high school sports, weddings, concerts, grade school events, local conferences, educational shows - even births!
• Offered exclusive live video broadcasts for major events such as motion picture and TV series premieres, "Dirty Sexy Money," "Nip Tuck" and "Hannah Montana: the Movie;" the 2007 YearlyKos Democratic convention in Chicago; and the Web 2.0 Expo in San Francisco
• Enabled Presidential candidates, including Senators Clinton, Obama, Edwards, McCain and Dodd, to connect live with constituents across the country
Compensation and Benefits
Ustream offers competitive packages, an equity and cash incentive plan, and excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits -- all part of our commitment to our most important asset: our employees.
Ustream is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supp