Nok Nok Labs is looking for a Director of Engineering with strong server development experience to help build products that are designed to solve the inherent problems that have existed within the authentication space for years. You will participate in the creation of an authentication platform, leading the development of a server that is expected to scale and function inside some of the world’s largest Web infrastructures. This position is a key member of the engineering leadership team and you will be instrumental in driving forward our company vision.This is a hands on technical role that will contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle, including the architecture, analysis,design, implementation, and QA.
The following describes what we think are the paths to success for this role:
We believe passion and personality matter. As such, we need someone who can work with diverse, smart, and driven engineers in a startup environment that is nimble, fast paced and challenging yet exciting. A successful Lead Engineering Architect will have the following skills:
● Experience working with globally distributed teams.
● Extensive expertise in Java EE technology (Must Have)
● Recent success in delivering server software deployed as Internet scale performance and reliability.
● Bachelors' degree plus 10 -12 years’ related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● At least 8 years’ experience hiring, leading, motivating, evaluating, and developing software professionals.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills, including production of system overview documentation and associated presentations
● Able to listen and evaluate all opinions without bias. The ability to think strategically and act tactically.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
● Collaborate with the System Architect to review technical requirements, agree on technology choices and implementation methods that sustain a high level of innovation and flexibility.
● Hire, manage, and mentor the development team and contractors.
● Plan and coordinate projects with product management, to ensure delivery of products.
● Coordinate and drive the business relationship with other key internal partners.
● As a member of the broader engineering leadership team, contribute to process improvement and organizational evolution.
What can we do for you? Great relationships are a two way street and we understand that here at Nok Nok Labs. To provide you with the optimal level of motivation and help you succeed during this exciting time in your career, we provide:
• Competitive salaries and first rate health benefits along with 401k
• A fully stocked kitchen with enough snacks and beverages to keep you fueled each day
• An open, honest and collaborative environment that promotes creativity and growth
• Fun! We work hard but we also play hard. Weekly happy hours, ping pong, team building and flexible hours are all part of our dynamic work culture
• Needed time off. Our flexible vacation policy means that we trust you to do your best work and you trust us to let you live your life
• The opportunity to work with some really bright co-workers and some of the most established leaders in the industry
This is your chance to get in on the ground floor with the company as we prepare to roll out a revolutionary product that is fundamentally game changing in the authentication space. If you think you are a good fit for the job profile, we’d like to hear from you. Please include a brief cover letter along with your resume and let us know why you would like to join our team!
Server side development