Join HighlightCam, a rapidly growing startup aimed at conquering the mobile video space. Armed with a recently raised Series A round and our revolutionary cloud-based video editing software, we’re charging forward with plans to revolutionize video editing. Seriously. We’re actively searching for the next great Core Software Engineer, someone who knows Python forwards and backwards and isn’t afraid to delve into Django every once in awhile.
As one of our core team members, this is an incredible opportunity for you to help shape the future of our product and company. We’re young, venture-backed, and have been featured everywhere from the iTunes store to MacWorld to Androinica.
The philosophy here is to hire smart people who want to be measured by what they bring to the table. We want you to be creative with what you do, not be some code monkey. You have to be self-motivated to get your sh*t done and not want someone to always hold your hand. But you also have to be a team player, seeing as this is a small startup environment. You’ll be seeing the same bright shining faces every day, so it’d be great if there’s a culture fit. Appreciation for sarcasm is a plus.
● Python; preferably with some Django experience
● Great grasp of software design and architecture
● Understanding of performance and design tradeoffs, without compromising quality
Nice to Haves:
● Scaling Django/MySQL/Apache
● AWS; experience optimizing for EC2 GPU instances a big plus
● Written server APIs for mobile client, or other server-side APIs
● Video codecs, video editing or FFMpeg a plus
● Social and payments APIs (e.g. Facebook, YouTube, Amazon Payments, etc.)
● Japanese language skills
Now we do have some great benefits here. This is a full-time permanent position that comes with health benefits. We have an office in Mountain View near Caltrain, many restaurants and amenities. Our hours are flexible so you can work the schedule where you’re most productive. But most of all, you get the opportunity to really create something, to own it, and to shape the future of the company.