Are you looking for great growth opportunity in a dynamic company? Then we are looking for you!
Bersin & Associates empowers HR, talent and learning professionals to drive business results with world-class research and consulting. Our member base includes over 60% of the Fortune 100. 20% of our customer base is located outside the US and the vast majority of our members are global organizations. We are a winner of Inc. Magazine’s 2011 Best Small Company Workplaces award, Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies, San Francisco Business Times' Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies and are growing at over 35% CAGR. We and are growing at over 35% CAGR. We are looking for high caliber, customer-oriented professionals to continue fueling our growth.
The Events Manager develops and implements Bersin & Associates annual worldwide events strategy and plan. The successful candidate will be responsible for working across the organization to leverage events in order to build brand and generate high quality leads. The Events Manager will be responsible for contributing to the company’s growth to $30+ million revenue during the next several years by ensuring that Bersin & Associates achieves the maximum value from its investment in events. The Events Manager will also be responsible for managing and growing IMPACT, our annual conference attended by over 400 decision makers in the industry, and for creating and executing a plan to grow the presence of IMPACT in other markets.
· Develop and implement the strategy for leveraging and growing IMPACT.
· Manage all aspects of IMPACT and associated Bersin-run events.
· Develop all copy needed to promote and describe events.
· Create and manage a cost effective local power briefing program to enhance our high touch relationship with customers and prospects.
· Maintain a calendar of events and a create process that enables long-term planning and effective event participation for the organization.
Gather input from key executives, analysts, and vendor sales people to maintain an industry events list and provide needed marketing support.
Work with senior leaders and analysts to identify speakers/presenters for key industry events.
Ensure that events schedule is socialized well in advance with sales and make recommendations on attendance decisions for sales team.
Develop and implement presentation and demonstration strategies for all events including collection and shipping of presentation collateral, marketing and PR collateral as well as table/booth staffing, design and layout where applicable.
· Gather relevant content and create abstracts to submit for participation in agreed-upon events, as well as e-mail for upcoming events.
· Create and manage overall participation plan for each event.
· Vet potential sponsorship arrangements and in-kind conference participation opportunities.
· Develop plan and schedule for Bersin & Associates webinar series and write all webinar communications.
· Write Bersin & Associates’ Business of Talent newsletter, working with analysts.
· Work closely with senior executives and marketing/communications to prepare budgetary recommendations.
· Negotiate agreements with outside providers and subcontractors to lowest cost and highest quality of service.
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and flawless implementer with a track record of successful event (both physical and virtual events) management and marketing in a business-to-business environment. This individual understands the range of business needs for our event strategy and how to deliver against those. This individual can work across departments and with executives and can also roll up their sleeves and work on planning and implementing specific events. The successful candidate will be able to work independently in a very fast paced environment to proactively identify and solve issues and to create opportunities.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
· 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in event management in a B-to-B environment. Strongly prefer candidate with experience in the HR, talent management and / or learning space.
· Demonstrated experience managing large scale events (program, project and budget management), webinars and smaller conferences and associated follow up programs
· Demonstrated experience creating and managing a complex events calendar
· Demonstrated experience in persuasive writing, preferably in article or speaking pitches and abstracts
· Demonstrated experience planning local event series
· Prefer international events experience
· Prefer experience using Marketo and salesforce.com
· Excellent writing, communications and report generation skills
· Results-oriented, resourceful, and able to handle the pace and multiple demands in a rapidly growing company with an incredible value proposition and strong market differentiation.
· Interpersonal skills with internal team, exhibiting focus and a strong motivation for business building.
· Self-starter and independent worker who provides creative solutions to business issues and problems. The candidate is independent and takes charge while being a consummate team player.
· Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, with the presence and credibility to drive influence inside and outside the organization.
· Open, honest, direct communication style and the self-confidence, aggressiveness and willingness to do “whatever it takes” to build and lead a high-performing database marketing function. Should display a high degree of flexibility.
· A positive, can-do attitude, sense of urgency, energy and enthusiasm for all that it takes to build an exciting emerging growth company. The candidate needs to have an entrepreneurial bent coupled with deep experience.
· BA/BS from leading university, MBA preferred
Working for Bersin & Associates
Our vision is to build the most world’s most admired and respected research and consulting organization in HR and learning, based on the results we drive with our customers. The experience that customers, prospects and industry influencers have with our employees is the Bersin & Associates brand. We built the company by hiring the best people in the industry and enabling them to thrive and succeed. We are committed to employee growth and development and have a strong track record of supporting rewarding careers through job rotation and promoting within. Our work environment is fast paced, highly collaborative and extremely customer focused.
Bersin & Associates is built around five enduring principles that govern our work, how we do it and our decisions about who we hire.
Client Service: Every client should feel like they are our most important customer.
Error Free Quality: We are in the intellectual property business and do not tolerate errors.
Integrity in Research: Each deliverable is based on data and solves a business problem.
Very High Value: Deliver a minimum of 10-100x the return on investment.
Teamwork Comes First: We are a team. Trust your colleagues and empower them to succeed.
Our employees are our most important asset.
Apply Directly: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA1/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BERSIN&cws=1&rid=84