About Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV):
SSV is a nonprofit organization founded in 2000 that is leading Silicon Valley to a more sustainable future through collaboration with businesses, government agencies, and community organizations to identify and address the highest-priority environmental issues. We do this by creating opportunities for collaboration and innovation and building the capacity for leadership in sustainability and through pilot projects for solution implementation to achieve the vision of a sustainable region, a thriving economy, a healthy environment and socially equitable community.
Position: EcoCloud Content Manager
Type: Non-Compensated Volunteer Position
Part-time Telecommuting is OK
Time Commitment: 10-15 h/week, 3-6 mos period
Reports to: Director, EcoCloud
About the position:
EcoCloud Content Manager is a non-compensated volunteer position. Working under the supervision of the EcoCloud Director, the EcoCloud Content Manager will serve as the liaison between the Research & Implementation team and the EcoCloud team, and assist in publishing and checking integrity of EcoCloud SSV content.
The candidate has to provide his/her own laptop.
In return for the volunteer hours, the benefits to the volunteer candidate may include: experience gained while volunteering on various projects, proving capabilities in a nonprofit organization environment in the field of sustainability, networking opportunities, and current resume entry job reference letter from the Executive Director of SSV. Most importantly, you will be helping the organization work towards its vision of a sustainable region, a thriving economy, a healthy environment and socially equitable community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Acting as the liaison between SSV’s Research and Implementation team (responsible for writing sustainability articles and other types of content) and the EcoCloud Development team. Will assist the writers and EcoCloud editor in all aspects of final “publishing” of content to the EcoCloud website
● Serve as main contact person for questions about SSV Research articles and sections of the EcoCloud site
● Ensure the EcoCloud SSV published content site is current and accurate (which may involve delegating tasks to others)
● Be aware of formatting, style, and other conventions used on the EcoCloud website and follow them when making changes
● Keep current with the necessary skills and tools do this (or receive training)
● Consult with SSV stakeholders and EcoCloud Program Director before implementing major refresh & enhancements
● Tech savvy with a penchant for learning new tools and a passion for troubleshooting and resolving problems
● Familiarity with web based tools for editing html content
● Exceptional communication and organizational skills
● Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
● Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
● Knowledge of HTML and Drupal content management system (preferred)
● Experience with Google Analytics preferred