About Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV):
Sustainable Silicon Valley is a nonprofit organization founded in 2000 that is leading Silicon Valley to a more sustainable future through collaboration with local government agencies, businesses, and community organizations to identify and address these highest-priority environmental issues. We do this by engaging prominent Valley organizations to proactively work toward measurable sustainability initiatives.
Position: EcoCloud Web Developer
Type: Unpaid Volunteer Position
Time Commitment: 10-20 hrs/week in the SSV Santa Clara office location
SSV is seeking volunteer developers that can use their design skills to create an engaging and stimulating user experience on EcoCloud™. This is a project of SSV in conjunction with public and private sector partners, in a virtual space where business leaders and facility managers can work with technology innovators, researchers, and government agencies to make enterprises more sustainable and profitable. Drawing on the latest social networking tools, participants can collaborate, learn, plan, and make valuable connections. It is both a collaborative content management system and an advanced scenario-based planning and evaluation engine.
The EcoCloud team is looking for one or more Web Developers to lead the design and implementation of our highly scalable and secure cloud initiative. We are looking for bright, motivated individuals who have a keen interest in client side development on web content management applications. Opportunities exist on the front-end, including CSS3-based design, as well as back-end, including the MySQL database structure. Developers will join a high caliber team and work closely with the EcoCloud Director, Marketing and PR team, SSV Executive Director and SSV Chief Technology Officer.
The ideal candidate should commit a minimum of 10-20 hours per week working at the SSV Santa Clara office location. It is preferred that the candidate has his/ her own laptop and communications tools.
In return for the volunteer hours, the benefits to the volunteer candidate may include:job reference letter from the Executive Director of SSV, experience gained while volunteering on various projects, networking opportunities, and current resume entry. Most importantly, you will be helping the organization work towards its vision of a sustainable region, a thriving economy, a healthy environment and socially equitable community.
Please send your application to: email@example.com
● Innovate and build cloud-based web content management tools to create, manage and publish web content
● Develop web based UI and application interfaces using technologies built on HTML5, AJAX, CSS3, and jQuery
● Fast prototyping of ideas and concepts
● Must be a self-starter and comfortable in a fast paced innovative environment
● Passion for creating cool apps and experiences that can run on both desktop browsers and tablet devices
● Extensive experience and understanding of web oriented applications with the focus of delivering great and engaging user experiences
● Experience building hosted applications using modern technologies (HTML5, CSS3, jQuery)
● Experienced with rapid prototyping and also developing high-performing, secure, production quality code
● Experience with development in PHP, Java, or other languages.
● Experience with content management frameworks such as Drupal, Joomla, WordPress
● Experience with distributed source management tools such as Git
● Experience with agile development models, and task tracking tools such as JIRA
● Passionate about user experiences and application UI's
● Highly motivated, works well in a collaborative team environment
● Graphic design skills are highly desirable
● Interest in the environmental domain, including best practices and reporting initiatives