We are a start-up based in the Seattle area that is re-imagined what a class should look like online. We give instructors and students well designed tools to manage their courses, keep in touch with friends and peers, and stay up to date on their favorite subjects.Building a culture with strong engineering values and goals is key to building a great company and product. We want to transfer from PHP to Python. We aim to use continuous deployment and EC2 so all code that gets checked in goes live to production within minutes, no matter what time it is.
Things we look for include:
• B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent, but the number of years of professional experience you have isn't important to us
• Extraordinary software engineering talent
• Experience with web applications, databases, distributed systems, and machine learning a plus
• Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
• You should be ready to make this startup the primary focus of your life
• Love of the product
Must be able to work in the United States.
Product Features: Building a powerful rich-text editor, and invite and follow suggestions.
Search: Architecting our real-time search backend and improving relevancy for navigational searches across questions, topics, classes, users, and documents.
Feed Designing: User homepage feeds to be fast but also relevant, optimizing to show the best material based on voting, views, diversity, social graph, and other ranking signals.
Algorithms Ranking: Users via graph algorithms like PageRank or recommending topics and people for users to follow.
Site speed: Making the website fast with a variety of initiatives across view-level code, client- and server-side caching, language choices, and more.
Infrastructure: Scaling, automating, and monitoring our site architecture and continuous deployment systems hosted on EC2.
Mobile Designing: APIs and building iPhone and Android applications
Early stage stock options.