Hi! We are an exciting, funded web startup looking for an ambitious software engineer who is hungry to build awesome software that millions of people use. Based in Soho, London, we are building the next big thing for millions of gamers around the world, and are looking for an exceptional technical mind to join the team and attack some hard problems in creative ways.
A little more about us:
* Backed by some of the most prestigious investors in the world
* Founded by entrepreneurs with a track record for success with internet and video games companies
* Recently launched after a very successful private beta program, with a huge pool of gamers itching to be invited
* We'll be messing around with Facebook Apps, OpenSocial and will be integrating with Xbox Live and other multiplayer services.
* And unlike a number of other web startups, we know exactly how to make money and steps needed to get us there.
As employee number 6, you'll work closely with the rest of the outstanding technical team to build the core features that our users will love you for. You will get the chance to show how good you are by tackling challenging puzzles, such as collaborative filtering, game integration and search algorithms. We release 2-3 times per week, so your cool new features will be live and active on the site straight away. And as we're all about gaming, you'll be involved in lot of market research: playing GTA IV or pwning some n00bs at Call of Duty 4 is all in a days work! :)
Are you the one? You are, if you:
Love agile development, working independently on your own challenges, and together in a team on the bigger vision
Are completely fluent in a scripting language such as Python, Perl or Ruby and have experience with web frameworks and the MVC concept.
Have used MySQL or PostgreSQL extensively and you know your way around Apache.
Get excited by the idea of scaling web apps to millions of users
Are the best developer in your peer group, and want to be at a place where you are constantly challenged and pushed to become better
Get obsessed about the problem you're solving and don't stop until you've cracked it
Have a thirst to learn new skills and technologies, and can pick things up easily
Fun to be around, get on well as part of a small, fast-moving team and enjoy talking about new ideas
We hire based on talent, not on specific qualifications. If you think you're good enough, get in touch!
* Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of independence
* Building an exciting app that millions of real life people will use and appreciate everyday
* Working with awesome technologies (Python/Django/AJAX/Comet/Microformats/Erlang)
* As part of a team of super smart and fun people, devoid of all the usual politics and games
* With a choice of widescreen/dual monitors, a new computer and a Herman Miller Aeron chair
* In a fun office in the heart of Soho, with a competitive salary and stock options (you're working hard to make the company successful, so you should share generously in the reward!)