One of New York's hottest start-ups is looking for an experienced software engineer / web developer to support our fast growing startup and join our team. If you're seeking a fast-growing funded startup with a cool, fun team, apply to join us in building our platform into the next billion-dollar startup!
Why We'll Be Successful:
(1) The Press Loves Us! We are now cited daily by the biggest media outlets, including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fortune, Time Magazine, The Today Show, NPR, The Financial Times, The LA Times, The Chicago Tribune, The New York Post, CNBC, Bloomberg, and across the globe (UK's Daily Guardian, Daily Mirror, BBC Television, and The Times of India.)
(2) Our Clients Love Us! Yes, unlike so many other startups who have no business model or paying clients, our PAYING clients already include the hardest to land big-name companies like Andreessen Horowitz (Silicon Valley's TOP V.C. firm), AT Kearney, Bain Capital (the TOP private equity firm), Forbes Magazine, Gartner Group (top market research firm), G.E., Goldman Sachs, GOOGLE, and Silicon Valley Bank)
(3) We're funded! We have millions of dollars behind us including the support of our serial entrepreneur Founder & CEO (see below).
As a Web Developer, you'll fulfill a central role in a dedicated team focused on building the tech operations of our acclaimed financial data website (we track private companies, entrepreneurs, and IPOs, including some of the most fascinating startups and venture capital firms every day, from Twitter to Gilt Groupe to Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square Ventures). This includes planning, coordinating, and implementing features, functionality, and tools. While also providing development support to other departments within the company, as a key member of our tech team, you've have the priceless opportunity to work directly with our young, aspiring executive team, including our Founder/CEO, who already has built and sold a $100 million startup company (Vault.com) and winner of Top Entrepreneur of the Year. And your direct supervisor is our young but experienced VP of IT with over a decade of web development experience. So you'll be learning from the best!
You: Be fun, hard-working, and an intelligent programmer with strong problem-solving skills, an aptitude for web engineering, and a committed entrepreneurial mindset. You must be focused and able to work on projects on your own, but also comfortable in a team setting. Most importantly, you must enjoy writing code and building systems of any size, and solving puzzles and new challenges every day.
This is a full-time, on-site position. Salary is based upon experience with stock options and monthly performance bonuses, but expect total first year comp including cash bonuses to be $60,000 to $80,000/year (depending on experience) and to grow regularly from there. Other perks include several weeks a year of paid time off, health plan, and a fairly flexible schedule, just to name a few. Oh, and a casual wear-what-you want cool loft-office in Chelsea (with a Chipotle steps away) and if we do say so ourselves a team with the best taste in office rock music while we work.
- At least 2 to 5 years related experience with PHP, MySQL, and CSS
Pluses: If you have more the bring to the table, these are all a definite plus, but not required:
- Fundamental understanding of OOP concepts and data-design best practices
- Back-end development and/or UI implementation
- Server and/or Network Administration
- Basic graphic design ability
- ETL / Data-mining
Please do not hesitate to respond with your resumé/portfolio, phone number and an ideal date/time to reach you for a brief phone call. Also send your recent salary/pay history and your expected salary requirements. If we think it's a match, we'll get right back
2-5 years related experience with PHP, MySQL, and CSS
Salary is based upon experience with stock options and monthly performance bonuses. Other perks include paid days off, possible health benefits, and a flexible schedule, just to name a few.