FAST-GROWING INTERNET STARTUP SEEKS SUPERSTAR E-COMMERCE ANALYTICS, MARKETING & UI DESIGN ASSOCIATE
Our Company, one of New York's hottest start-ups, is looking for a superstar E-commerce Analytics, Marketing & UI Design Associate with an interest in Business & Financial Research to join our team. If you’re seeking an opportunity within a fast-growing startup and having an impact from Day 1, apply to join our fun, casual team in building our Company into the next billion-dollar startup!
Our financial data company is seeking an analytics & UI design superstar to help lead our e-commerce marketing initiatives and help drive sales through multiple online channels. The associate will have the opportunity to wear many hats, including growing our proprietary and innovative financial research database by conducting business and financial research. A background/degree in business/finance/accounting is preferred. The candidate will work directly with our Founder & CEO (winner of Crain’s Top Entrepreneur award and also Wharton Business School’s Entrepreneur-in-Residence) and VP of Data & Research. Though we are currently a small, entrepreneurial team, comparable companies include FactSet, CapIQ, Bloomberg, Reuters, Venture Beat, and Hoovers. Overall, we want someone who will be a self-starter, motivated to make an impacting change and become a partner and vested owner in the success of the company.
Pay: Salary is based upon experience, and includes monthly performance bonuses. We also offer equity / stock options in our fast-growing business that we think will pay off big time! Other perks include paid time off, a health plan, and flexible schedules. Oh, and a casual wear-what-you want cool loft-office in Chelsea (with a Chipotle just steps away :) and if we do say so ourselves, a team with the best taste in office rock music while we work.
• Configure and monitor Google Analytics to track and refine marketing initiatives
• Perform business and financial research on companies, industries and deals
• Design mockups and wireframes of site pages from scratch with navigation, E-Commerce, and user experience in mind
• Work with product team to optimize front end design by conducting A/B tests and monitoring conversion tracking
• Manage Google Adwords campaigns, including landing page design, and conversion optimization
• Proactively recommend and implement ways to improve the user experience and traffic
• Work with our marketing team to produce online and offline marketing materials
• Complete ad hoc design requests
Qualifications: In addition to having a get-it-done attitude and being highly resourceful, the ideal candidate displays the following characteristics:
• Recent graduate – degree in Business / Finance / Accounting preferred
• A fundamental understanding of finance and accounting principles
• Experience using advanced functionality of Google Analytics (Analytics ninja)
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
• Advanced in Microsoft Office (Advanced knowledge of Excel and VBA preferred)
• Strong web interface and layout design skills, including eye for good typography, composition and use of color
• Experience in Investment Banking, Corporate Management Consulting, Accounting Firms, Sales & Trading, Corporate Paralegal or an analytical role a plus
• Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS/Java a plus
• Strong analytical mindset with extreme attention to detail, accountability and desire to learn quickly
• Sincere and demonstrated interested in business & financial news
Please do not hesitate to respond with a resumé and cover letter describing why you’re a great fit for our company. Please also include standardized test scores and GPA.
Proof We’ll Be Successful:
(1) The Press Loves Us! Our Company is now cited daily by the biggest media outlets, including The New York Times