Our Company, PrivCo, one of New York's hottest start-ups, is looking for talented and passionate Corporate Clients Managers to join our team. If you're seeking an opportunity with a fast-growing startup and having an impact from Day 1, apply to join our fun, casual team in building our Company into the next billion-dollar startup! As a key member of our client development team, you'd have the priceless opportunity to work directly with our young, aspiring executive team, including our Founder/CEO (see bio), who already has built and sold a $100 million startup company (Vault.com) and is a winner of Top Entrepreneur of the Year.
Proof We'll Be Successful:
(1) The Press Loves Us! Our Company is now cited daily by the biggest media outlets, including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fortune, Time Magazine, The Today Show, NPR, The Financial Times, The LA Times, The Chicago Tribune, The New York Post, CNBC, Bloomberg, and across the globe like UK's Daily Guardian, Daily Mirror, BBC Television and The Times of India.
(2) Our Clients Love Us! Yes, unlike so many other startups that have no business model or paying clients, Our Company's clients already include big-name companies like Andreessen Horowitz (Silicon Valley's TOP V.C. Firm), AT Kearney, Bain Capital (the TOP Private Equity Firm), Forbes Magazine, Gartner Group (top market research firm), General Electric Co., Goldman Sachs, Google, Inc., and Silicon Valley Bank.
(3) We're funded! We have millions of dollars behind us, including funding from our successful, young serial entrepreneur Founder & CEO.
Our financial data company is seeking a high-energy, highly-driven, and highly-resourceful Client Development/Accounts Manager to develop relationships with key decision-makers in the Financial Research market and sell online subscription services to our proprietary and innovative research database. The candidate will have an opportunity to work directly with and learn from a successful entrepreneur (winner of Crain's Top Entrepreneur award and Wharton Business School's Entrepreneur-in-Residence). Though we are currently a small, entrepreneurial team, comparable companies include FactSet, CapIQ, Bloomberg, Reuters, Venture Beat, and Hoovers.
Recent PrivCo coverage cited in the media:
-Wall Street Journal (http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20130528-903289.html?mod=googlenews_wsj)
-Bloomberg Businessweek (http://buswk.co/1b1qF29)
-NY Daily News (http://nydn.us/13Dw0tY)
-New York Magazine (http://nym.ag/13DueJu)
-US Today (http://usat.ly/15ytnuW)
-Huffington Post (http://huff.to/Z3XaWW)
-Los Angeles Times (http://lat.ms/N987Y6)
Establish and develop relationships with potential clients with the end goal of closing deals
Assist with business development and market research practices working closely with the company’s talented data and tech teams
Most conversations with potential clients will be made by phone (inside sales) plus a small amount of travel to conferences, and some in-person meetings with larger potential clients in the NYC area
Qualifications: In addition to having a get-it-done attitude and being highly resourceful, the ideal candidate displays the following characteristics:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with high energy level and assertiveness, as well as strong relationship-building skills
Sales experience (especially to business customers) required or other business client experience is a plus
New or Recent college graduate with a bachelor's degree in business-related discipline preferred
Sincere and demonstrated interest in business & financial news
A strong understanding of finance and accounting principles
Ability to learn quickly and speak with confidence about financial services
Strong attention to detail and ability and desire to learn quickly
- Base salary (depending on experience) plus very generous sales commission schedule
- We also offer equity / stock options in our fast-growing business that we think will pay off big time! Other perks include paid time off, a health plan, and flexible schedules. Oh, and a casual wear-what-you-want cool loft-office in Chelsea and if we do say so ourselves, a team with the best taste in office music while we work.
Please do not hesitate to respond with a resume and cover letter describing why you're a great fit for our company.