Looking for a skilled Front-End Web Developer, Creative Technologist, UX Engineer, or whatever you want to call yourself for a FULL-TIME REMOTE FREELANCE position (30-40 hrs / week) available to start immediately.
This freelance position may involve participation with multiple projects between now and mid-October. Depending both on performance and how well everybody gets along, there is potential to transition to a permanent role. We like having ongoing relationships and not just flings.
This position is available for telecommuting with flexible hours via time-tracking, with a few occasional in-person meetings at the beginning of the project. Local (NYC area) candidates preferred.
Candidate should possess top-notch front-end web development skills with a keen eye for detail, strong decision-making abilities and sound judgment. A true passion for elegant user experience and pride in their work is crucial. Since we love what we do, we expect that you love what you do as well.
Pay is both commensurate with experience & negotiable.
• HTML / XHTML (you should know what content encoding to use for what occasion)
• CSS (2.1... and know what parts of CSS3 are reasonable for production use)
• • Deep knowledge of any of the popular helper libraries (jQuery, MooTools, Prototype, etc.)
• Superior understanding of Semantics and Web Standards
• Strong knowledge of Browser Compatibility issues
• SVN, Git repository experience
NICE TO HAVE:
• Passion for Microformats
• PHP Frameworks (Cake, CodeIgniter, Kohana)
• Mild sysadmin experience (CentOS, Ubuntu) w/ some shell scripting
Please Answer this Question in Your Submission:
Explain why the title AJAX is inappropriate for the technology it describes.
Please EMAIL resumes and link to portfolio, sample sites, or just anything you feel is awesome to email@example.com.
Tell us in brief detail what parts you contributed to, if part of a larger team. If you write a blog, have a flickr account, use twitter, etc, make sure to send us links. We want to get to know who you are, and besides, we'll probably google you anyway.
Principals (Candidates) only. NO RECRUITERS OR CORP-TO-CORP.
No unsolicited phonecalls please. We're busy working.
HTML / XHTML
CSS 2.1 - 3
Superior understanding of Semantics and Web Standards
Strong knowledge of Browser Compatibility issues
SVN, Git repository experience
Commensurate with Experience, negotiable.