This is a freelance position. Salary is competitive with market compensation and is based on experience. Significant stock options are also available for the right candidate.
1. The Press Loves Us! We are now cited daily by the biggest media outlets, including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fortune, Time Magazine, The Today Show, NPR,The Financial Times, The LA Times, The Chicago Tribune, The New York Post, CNBC, Bloomberg and more.
2. Our Clients Love Us! Yes, unlike so many other start-ups who have no business model or customers, our paying clients already include premier companies like Andreessen Horowitz (Silicon Valley's Top V.C. firm), Google, AT Kearney, Bain Capital (top U.S. private equity firm), Forbes Magazine, Gartner Group (top market research firm), G.E., Goldman Sachs, and Silicon Valley Bank.
3. We're funded! We have millions of dollars behind us, including the support of our serial entrepreneur Founder & CEO (see below).
As a Web Developer, you'll fulfill a central role in a dedicated team focused on building the tech operations of our acclaimed financial data website (we track private companies, entrepreneurs and IPOs, including some of the most fascinating start-ups and venture capital firms from Twitter to Gilt Groupe, Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square Ventures). This includes planning, coordinating, and implementing features, functionality, and tools. While also providing development support to other departments within the company, as a key member of our tech team, you'd have the priceless opportunity to work directly with our young, aspiring executive team, including our Founder/CEO, who already has built and sold a $100 million start-up company (Vault.com) and winner of Top Entrepreneur of the Year.
You: Be fun, hard-working, and an intelligent developer with strong problem-solving skills, an aptitude for web engineering, and a committed entrepreneurial mindset. You must be focused and able to work on projects on your own and in tandem with our talented product team. Most importantly, you must enjoy writing code and building systems of any size, and solving puzzles and new challenges every day.
- At least 2 to 5 years related experience with PHP, MySQL, and CSS and Systems Administration
- Fundamental understanding of OOP concepts and data-design best practices
- Back-end development and/or UI implementation
- Server and/or Network Administration
- Basic graphic design ability
- ETL / Data-mining
If you think you are right fit to help build our startup, please send in a resume to privcohr at gmail dot com
Planning, coordinating, and implementing website features, functionality, and tools
At least 2 to 5 years related experience with PHP, MySQL, and CSS and Systems Administration
Datamining (Scrapes & Spiders)
Varies depending on experience; full time salary with bonuses, equity, and other perks available for the right candidate