LearnVest is searching for a talented and passionate Front-End Engineer to join our fast growing New York City startup. LearnVest front-end engineers help build the intuitive and interactive interfaces that power the LearnVest content and tools seen and used by millions each month.
- Portfolio showing your talents in action.
- Passion for semantic cross-browser CSS/HTML.
- Able to create clean and maintainable code from mock ups.
- Familiarity working in a Unix environment.
- Easily collaborate with other engineers, designers and product managers.
- Familiarity with page speed and optimization techniques.
- Abreast of current trends, best practices and web standards (HTML5, CSS3).
- Understanding of usability and interaction design.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with server side programming and frameworks (we’re a Java/PHP shop).
- Open Source CMS Experience, Wordpress, Drupal.
- Mobile web development experience.
- Experience with new web technologies. backbone.js, Twitter Bootstrap, LESS CSS, Nginx.
- Active participant and contributor to the open source community.
To apply please go to the following website: