We are a fast-growing, venture capital-backed company based in Flatiron, and a great place for top talent to do their best work. We are looking to add a smart, creative, and experienced front-end coder to our development team.
Skills and Requirements:
* 3-5 years of experience creating hand-coded, semantic (table-less) XHTML and CSS
* Full understanding of CSS/CSS3
* Understanding of browser capabilities and design constraints on the web, with expertise in developing and testing across multiple browsers and platforms
* In-depth knowledge of DOM manipulation and AJAX/JSON/XML protocols
* Ability to convert graphic designs from PSD or vector graphics formats to efficient and standards-compliant HTML/CSS files
* Experience using versioning systems like SVN
* Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and image optimization techniques
* Good communication and problem solving skills
* Passion for producing clean, standards-based semantic mark-up
* Passion for researching and learning emerging web technologies
* Ability to work independently, as well as in a team-oriented environment
* Self-motivated and not afraid to ask questions
Preferable Job Qualifications:
* Basic PHP and/or Smarty templating engine
* Familiarity with Flash and Actionscript
* Experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics systems (Omniture, CoreMetrics, etc.)
* Interest and knowledge in HTML5 and CSS3
Please include salary requirements, code samples, and links to at least 3 samples of past work. Only candidates that provide code samples will be considered.
EXPO is a leading video commerce platform generating and distributing authentic consumer video for the world's premier manufacturers and retailers. EXPO's video community has built the largest catalog of product videos with over 300,000 user-generated product reviews covering electronics, home, parenting, and consumer packaged goods. The company provides manufacturers including Procter & Gamble, Kraft and LG Electronics with fresh, authentic videos and also distributes the informative video content to high-impact digital points of purchase. EXPO's turn-key ecommerce syndication network has delivered over 40 million video views for leading sites such as Sears.com and drugstore.com, social media sites such as Facebook and YouTube, manufacturer brand sites, and at www.expotv.com. For more information and access to case studies, visit http://corp.expotv.com.