The best job in San Francisco
Want to change millions of kids' lives with every commit? Welcome. In our first year we've grown faster than any education technology company in history, and we're looking for talented, thoughtful full-stack engineers to join our core dev team at this early-stage.
You'll work on production code from day one, deploy often, iterate quickly and have your work used by millions of kids around the world every day. We do meaningful, challenging work with a strong team and an awesome environment that you'll love to think, work and play in.
You'll be working with a node.js backend API and a rich web client built on Backbone.js. There’s only one page load, so the user experience is snappy and instant. We also have native iOS and Android clients. If this sounds exciting, get in touch today and we'll tell you more!
Dynamic pageloads: maximizing what we can do in the browser with a dynamic single-page web app.
Features: creating breakthrough new features, including smart incentive and motivation structures, multiplayer real-world games, groupworking interfaces, and more.
Real-time experiences: using frameworks like Backbone.js as a basis to develop new real-time browser experiences.
Optimization: relentlessly optimizing page speed and script execution time to create a page that loads as fast as a search engine, and responds to user input like a native app.
UX: designing beautiful, intuitive interfaces for the best user experience on the planet for user groups that vary widely in their comfort with technology. You'll have a graphic designer (or a team of them!) to support you, too.
Mobile: designing an awesome mobile experience for ease-of-use in and out of the classroom and at home, for multiple user groups - parents, kids, teachers.
Vision: you’ll be the first or second person joining the team. You'll be expected and encouraged to be able to think beyond coding, to help define ClassDojo's direction. This is your company, too.
You’re an extremely talented developer, with a strong product sense. Its helpful if you can point to work you've done on well-designed products or projects, or great open-source contributions.
You care about organized and readable code.
You have experience structuring, testing and optimizing large front-end applications.
You discuss and debate thoughtfully, communicate well with a team, and can set your own direction.
You care about education, and are excited about having a transformational impact on millions of kids' lives.
* Competitive salary and early-stage equity.
* Health, dental and vision coverage.
* Open vacation policy. Take time off when you need it.
* A culture you'll love: a flat organization, flexible working hours and creative, mission-driven work that impacts millions of kids' lives.
* A talented, motivated, intense and interesting team.
* A 27" cinema display and whatever machine you want. We'll buy or build your ideal work environment.
* Really exciting technical problems. Solve them to improve the education and welfare of millions of kids every day.
* Introductions to all the advisors and investors you want to meet, to help you learn what you want to know and build your reputation.
* Relocation to San Francisco if you need it. We'll sponsor visas, too.
* The opportunity to join one of the world’s fastest-growing education technology companies at the earliest stages. You'll get to build this category-defining company from the ground up.
* And, our favorite: free, catered dinners, Friday happy hours and lots of snacks and drinks :)