Thriving Web agency seeks a full-time, LAMP developer to work at our beautiful office in the heart of Downtown San Diego.
We are a fast paced Internet Marketing company doing big things in our core industries. We are located on the same block as the San Diego Padres’ Petco Park, and one can often hear the crack of the bat / the roar of the crowd through our office windows. We need a skilled and creative developer to work with our main team on an exciting new project. The chosen candidate will be at the core of our company, creating, building, and maintaining web projects of all sizes. You will work with a dedicated team of designers and developers creatively solving problems dealing with both front and backend development.
- Ability to help prioritize and manage time
- Commenting of code clearly and effectively.
- Consistent ability to test code, and follow through with Quality Assurance team with high quality results.
- Ability to compile thorough documentation and technical specifications as required.
- Ability to communicate realistic assessments of project status and mange expectation
- Ability to manage and meet tight deadlines by tracking project milestones to keep schedules current.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills imperative.
- Interest in researching and applying new technologies to stay up-to-date with latest practices.
We are a tight knit team that is all about culture and creating a unique and fun place to work. We believe in giving back to our clients as well as our employees. We offer numerous benefits and competitive salaries, DOE. Growth potential here is limitless, we are more than eager to lay out a clear path for anyone who wants to reach for the sky. Check-out our Facebook profile and website for more information.
You will be an ideal candidate if you possess the following skills and experience:
Desirable candidate to possess a minimum of 2+ years of experience developing web applications and/or server software for web-based applications working with Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP (LAMP).
Experience taking active role in assessing, planning and producing complex web applications and systems in a fast-paced environment from concept to completion.
Strong familiarity with Ubuntu Linux, especially on the command line
Capable of ensuring information security and efficiency.
Expert PHP web programming experience developing custom applications (2+ years preferred).
Expert in MySQL database design, optimization and server management.
Experience with Apache configuration.
Experience with Ubuntu/CentOS server management.
Experience building proprietary content management systems for unique client applications.
Experience using Subversion across multiple staging servers and live environment.
BA or BS in an information management related degree (or commensurate experience).