Are you a responsible web developer that wants to make a mark?
Do you have years of LAMP skills and accomplishments that are underutilized?
Would you like to be a respected, core member of a dynamic, innovative company?
Are you interested in leading others and crafting complex web solutions?
Polar Design is seeking an experienced web developer that is willing to be motivated by challenging projects as much as pay. If you are someone who thrives at taking on a variety of projects, that believes in quality code, and that is inspired by how your effects contribute in tangible ways to the growth of the company, then Polar Design wants to hear from you!
We offer competitive, potentially generous compensation, but we are much more than that: a tight knit team of designers, developers and marketing professionals that build cutting edge solutions which bring clients real results. That is why we have remained in business since 1999 and continue to explore the cutting edge every year.
As the Senior Developer, you will lead a variety of projects including but not limited to: expanding our e-commerce solutions; advanced custom PHP web sites like benefits data portals or penny auction sites; data security projects; extending framework-based content management systems with new modules, developing modifiable animated interfaces such as dashboards or configurators that impress our clients and their customers.
1.Bachelor Degree from an accredited 4 year university program
2.At least 2 years of professional web development / programming experience in PHP
3.Demonstrated web development skills (e.g., through code samples, a portfolio of work, technical diagrams, etc.)
5. Familiarity with MVC Pattern in web coding (e.g., Symphony, Zend, etc.)
6. Understanding of web site hosting and server technology (both Linux and Windows)
7. Comfortable with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
8. Love of learning, and ability to work with minimal supervision or training
9.Permission to work in the US
10. Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
11. Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
Ideal candidates may also possess:
1. Computer science or similar degree with 5 years of professional web development / programming experience in PHP
2. High integrity and concern for others
3. Thorough in conceptualization and self-checking of code to reduce testing time by others
4. Strong writing and communication skills
5. Web server / networking / IT experience
6. Ability to “think outside the box”
7. Knowledge of security and encryption
8. Expert knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems
About the Company:
Polar Design (http://www.polardesign.com), an established (12 year old) yet dynamic interactive agency, employs twelve designers, developers, creative and marketing professionals in its metro Boston office (accessible by MBTA). Sole-proprietors to leading global organizations such as Shell, the BBC, Omnicom, Schneider Electric, Prada, Orange, Prudential, and GlaxoSmithKline turn to us for our quality and service.
Joining Polar Design means becoming part of a motivated, skilled team whose innovation has enabled the company to grow every year since inception in 1999. Our work is interesting and fast paced, and it is difficult to get bored with the variety of projects that we handle. Finally, our agency mission is heavily oriented toward assuring our clients get results and meet their goals, which means that our culture and compensation are connected with our clients success, offering every employee unlimited opportunity for growth.
Please visit us on the web at http://www.polardesign.com
How to Apply:
Please respond by submitting to jobs[at]polardesign.com and submitting a cove