RentShare is an angel-funded startup that is here to kill the rent check. (Here is more about our product: http://www.thrillist.com/home-gadgets/nation/rentshare_services_websites) We are currently working out of General Assembly (https://generalassemb.ly/community) along side other awesome startups, and are seeking an entrepreneurial self-starter to join our young team as a Founder’s Apprentice/Assistant - starting July 15th.
This is a perfect opportunity for anyone interested in learning the inner workings of a bootstrapped tech startup and who wants unfettered access to everything a founder goes through when starting a company. As a ‘Founder’s Apprentice/Assistant’ you will be working directly with our founder and COO, helping him juggle business development and operational responsibilities. This is not a job where you will be fetching coffee. You will be playing a vital role in our small operation. You will be invited to accompany the founder to all his meetings, help him organize communications with clients and investors, help him scale our customer service and sales operations, and everything in between.
What we’re looking for:
- A full blown people-person - naturally empathetic, emotionally intelligent, comfortable meeting and building relationships with new people, (i.e. - the sort of person who would prefer picking up the phone and calling a stranger rather than communicating with them via email).
- A tenacious and entrepreneurial spirit, eager to work at a startup, help build a business from the ground up, and interested in being an active part of the larger nyc startup community.
- Organizational skills, writing skills, and a strong attention to detail are musts.
- Real Estate sales experience is nice but not necessary.
- Proficiency in all things Google (search, gmail, drive, calendar, etc.)
Though we can work with you to schedule around second jobs, school, or vacations, in order to perform this job effectively and understand how to be helpful, you must be fairly immersed day to day. Be prepared to commit between 6 and 12 weeks to this internship, putting in at least 5 hours a day, 4 days a week at our office in Union Square.
The first 12 weeks will be unpaid with a stipend to cover transportation costs. After that time, if you wish to continue with the company, we will negotiate an hourly rate or monthly salary TBD.