Java / JEE Technical Lead
Looking for a Java / JEE / J2EE Technical Lead Developer to coordinate and conduct code and design reviews for new enhancements.
Location: Irving, TX
Duration: 6 months contract
Essential Job Functions:
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents highly complex programs. Develops complex test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
- Designs systems and programs to meet highly complex business needs. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded. Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
- Serves as technical project lead; provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel. Conducts quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
- Gathers information from existing systems, analyzes program and time requirements. Prepares time estimates and justifications for assigned tasks and provides recommendations to project managers.
- Supports project personnel in resolving fairly complex program problems. Works with client and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility. Provides technical advice on complex programming.
- Provides consulting services in a technical and/or managerial capacity to management and technical staff.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related field preferred
Nine or more years of programming or testing experience
Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
Other Qualifications: Strong experience in the following: JEE, Unix, C++/C, Network Protocols, OO Concepts, Complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Experience leading a team and performing code reviews
Mortgage or banking industry experience strongly preferred
Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
Ability to work as part of team and independently
Interpersonal skills to interact with team members
Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
Ability to travel up to 25%, if needed
Note: Travel time is not paid for; travel expenses are reimbursed. Resource must pass credit check.
If interested, Please email your resume.