SocialEngine is a leading platform for building interactive online communities. Thousands of people use our software to power their own social websites, which millions of end-users interact with every day. Our 11-person team recently finished the TechStars Boulder accelerator program, and now we are building a new service that lets anyone create beautiful interest-based communities powered by social curation.
We are looking for an ambitious, artistic, and entrepreneurial designer; someone that is eager to help define our culture at this early stage, and be part of a team that is working on building something big.
Product design with comprehensive UI/UX work. Help us define and create unique, interactive tools that other designers can use.
Art direction. Help us visualize our culture and implement consistent design themes on our own web/mobile properties. Create style guides that help us define our image.
Help us continuously iterate on our own branding and product presentation.
Frequent prototyping and mock-upping. We love to experiment.
5 years minimum experience in designing consumer interfaces.
Ability to work as a full-stack designer (from wire frame, site UX/UI elements, site graphics).
Killer portfolio that showcases a broad range of interactive and graphic design skills.
Strong sense of color and typography to evoke emotion. A passion for minimalism and simple, smart, timeless design.
Comfortable with an accelerated, iterative design process that involves accepting and managing feedback and constructive criticism
Excellent verbal/writing skills, obsessive attention to detail.
Always ahead of the curve on the current and best UI and visual design practices and trends
Mobile design experience is a huge plus.
BFA in Graphic Design or related field is a plus.
- Top notch health/dental benefits.
- Work in our new, awesome space in LA’s most hip(ster) neighborhood, Silver Lake.
- We share our surplus space with friends and mentors that are building startups too. Hang with (and learn from) great startup veterans and ex-execs from companies like Yahoo and Disney.
- In addition to weekly happy hours every Friday (with ping pong + craft beers!) we throw lots of events in our space for local startups, designers, and entrepreneurs. You’ll get to help us build a community for early stage tech on LA’s east side.
- Join and learn from an ambitious team that has already built a very profitable business. Help us take it to the next level.
- Lots of creative freedom. Help us define our culture and style.
- Tons of free snacks, coffee, and sometimes free lunch!
- Discounts and free stuff from many local merchants thanks to Betterworks!
You can apply for this position from our original listing here: http://webligo.theresumator.com/apply/Ib6TLC/Lead-Designer-Art-Director.html
This is a permanent position. Please only apply if you’re interested in full-time, on-site work in LA.
No recruiters, outsourcers or consulting firms please.