SocialEngine is a leading platform for building interactive online communities. Thousands of people use our software to power their own social websites, which millions of end-users interact with every day. Our 11-person team recently finished the TechStars Boulder accelerator program, and now we are building a new service that lets anyone create beautiful interest-based communities that are driven by social curation.
Continuous team/project management and frequent code reviews.
High-level product planning and design.
Help train new recruits and introduce new methods and technologies to the team.
Oversee weekly development cycles, take primary responsibility for weekly deliverables.
We are looking for an ambitious, experienced, and entrepreneurial developer that can help us lead and manage our primary product team. We need someone that is passionate about building amazing experiences that connect and entertain people; someone that is excited to join a rising startup that’s working on building something big.
Solid computer science foundation, strong PHP/MySQL development experience.
Demonstrable management skills. You’ve lead a small team of engineers before.
Proven success with scaling large services involving big data storage.
Rock-solid understanding of MVC frameworks.
Experience with implementing social APIs.
- Top notch health/dental benefits.
- Work in our new, awesome space in LA’s most hip(ster) neighborhood, Silver Lake.
- We share our surplus space with friends and mentors that are building startups too. Hang with (and learn from) great startup veterans and ex-execs from companies like Yahoo and Disney.
- In addition to weekly happy hours every Friday (with ping pong + craft beers!) we throw lots of events in our space for local startups, designers, and entrepreneurs. You’ll get to help us build a community for early stage tech on LA’s east side.
- Join and learn from an ambitious team that has already built a very profitable business. Help us take it to the next level.
- Flexible schedule and lots of creative freedom.
- Tons of free snacks, coffee, and sometimes free lunch!
- Discounts and free stuff from many local merchants thanks to Betterworks.
You can apply for this position from our original listing here: http://webligo.theresumator.com/apply/XTADJ1/Lead-Engineer-Product-Manager.html
This is a permanent position. Please only apply if you’re interested in full-time, on-site work in LA.
No recruiters, outsourcers or consulting firms please.