We are a recently founded social gifting start-up company with an experienced team of passionate, creative and fun people based in New York and London. Our team includes a very diverse group of people including lawyers, PhDs and engineers coming from a very multinational background. We are currently working on a mobile and web application that will revolutionize the social gifting experience. Although we are in the early stages, we have plans to expand quickly throughout the major international cities and we need your help to grow together!
We are currently looking for a Lead Mobile developer to join our team as equity partner and support our tech team with the development of our Android and IOS applications. As our Lead Mobile Developer, you will receive considerable equity in the company. We are creating a platform that allows our users to send real gifts to their friends and loved ones. This is really a fun and unique project and you will have the satisfaction of seeing your work go live and used by thousands of people in 3 different continents. You will have a real impact on the lives of thousands as well as the future of e-commerce and social gifting!
What we can offer you:
• Flexible hours.
• Ability to work remotely with regular team meetings.
• Very interesting work with an international flavor, a unique product based on a very cool idea in one of the hottest start-up areas recently.
• Great long-term incentives and benefits and growth potential both professionally and financially as we grow as a team.
• Multinational, well-educated, hard-working, ambitious and visionary team members (who are looking to add one more team member with the same qualities, ambition and vision.)
• Equity: we are looking for a partner, not an employee. You will own the company and product that you build. You will also receive a salary after we obtain VC financing in a few months.
We still have a very small team and it is a great opportunity for a smart, ambitious and talented engineer to get involved at this stage and become a member of our core team and one of our equity partners.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Working in collaboration with our CTO and tech team to finalize our web application before we become operational and go for VC financing.
- Working on our integration with third party platforms.
- Working on our mobile applications (both IOS and Android).
Ideal candidate for this position:
- Must have experience with web and mobile applications.
- Prior web development experience of a similar product or prior start-up experience would be a huge plus.
- Exceptional technical skills:
o Experience with mobile software development including IOS and Android.
o Experience with integrating third party content (widgets, feeds etc) and services (analytics, video etc).
o Experience with and have very good knowledge of APIs (including payment systems, facebook, google map etc).
o MySQL, CSS, PHP experience would be useful.
o Experience with managing Amazon Web Services or similar cloud computing vendor services, including how to monitor and maintain services such as EC2 and DynamoDB would be a plus.
- Smart, creative, innovative and collaborative.
- Fun, energetic and outgoing personality, and a positive attitude.
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude who is able to multitask.
- Passion and curiosity for Internet and mobile technologies, and social media in general.
- A proven track record of success in meeting deadlines (this is a very time-sensitive project.)
- Most importantly, we are looking for someone who believes in our product and would be genuinely excited about being part of our team.
If you are excited about what you just read, please send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a short statement.