Be part of a fast-growing, award-winning, entrepreneurial company out to connect students with opportunities. At Zinch, each student creates a professional profile to be discovered by colleges, graduate schools, scholarships and internships. Zinch matches its 2.5 million students to over 800 institutions and $1.9 billion in scholarships. We’re based in San Francisco (SoMa) and funded by successful entrepreneurs, ex-googlers and a leading venture capital firm. And there’s a BBQ grill on the roofdeck. Really.
Process-wise, we use a test-driven approach to engineering including some elements of Extreme Programming. We're focused on rapid product iterations, frequent prototyping, and a fanatical belief in user feedback. We test early and often. We're very interested in how we can improve how we do what we do.
* Strong experience writing in Ruby (Rails)
* Ability to produce highly polished web pages in semantic HTML and non-invasive CSS and JS
* Battle-worn MySQL knowledge
* Experience with test-driven development
* Knowledge of application server and database clustering
* Excellent typing ability in the presence of flying nerf darts
* You live in the San Francisco/Bay Area.
* You gag when you see ugly/unreadable code.
* You’ve built small websites on your own (yes, we’d love to see them)
* You are a motivated thinker who is not afraid to ask: WTF? Why is this so? How does this really work?
* You have a curious mind and are always hungry to learn more about design, culture, music, life, etc.
* You have the self-confidence to know and admit that your idea may not always be the right one.
* You are constantly coming up with new ideas… and the first thing you do is check to see if the domain name you want is available.
* Your RSS reader is better than ours.
* Firebug is your best friend
* Active contributor to open source software
* Mobile web development experience (iPhone, Android)
* Proficiency with Fireworks, Photoshop, etc.
* Integration experience w/ Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn APIs
So now what?
• Step one… put down the Facebook.
• Step two… email us and tell us why you want to work with us - *required
• Step three… include a link to your online portfolio and/or resume - *required
• Step four… hit "send" - *required
• Step five… change your twitter status to "nom nom kitteh is dezining webz"
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested.
We like to rap and people like to rap about us.
Would love a bachelors in cs, but not required.
Varies depending on experience.