Market Realist is a NYC-based financial media start-up backed by a team of serial entrepeneurs, who have worked in senior roles at leading investment websites and top financial institutions on Wall Street.
We are seeking a Lead Wordpress Developer with responsibility to lead the ongoing development of new features and maintenance for our Wordpress-based website. Key goals include developing product improvements and scaling the website while maintaining consistent site up-time and fast page-load times. The role involves management of a talented junior developer and working with our original developer (who has an advisory role at the company), but this is very much a hands-on role. We are looking for a dependable Wordpress developer, who is also very comfortable with front-end coding and with MySQL.
The lead developer must have a minimum 2 years of experience at a significant Wordpress-based website and be based in the NYC area.
- Development of new back-end and front-end functionality for our website on the Wordpress platform, according to product and design specifications
- Meet goals for site uptime and page load times for a growing content website
- Management of development environment, technical spec’ing and documentation
- Liaison on development specs with internal (product, design, editorial) and external stakeholders (XML feeds, web host, data vendor)
- Excellent back-end experience with PHP, MySQL and Wordpress
- Experience building content feeds in XML and RSS
- Experience with scaling requirements for large websites, e.g. caching techniques
- Familiarity with common development tools, e.g. Github
- Great communication skills
- Development experience at a website with over one million monthly users
- Startup experience preferred
- Strong cultural fit for our team
$100K salary and meaningful equity as our #5 or #6 employee