I came across your profile and thought I might have something you could be interested in. If so, please reach out.
Stealth-ish start-up e-commerce development and marketing agency is looking for an incredible Lead UI/UX Designer to collaborate with out team of expert consultants to develop stunning, original e-commerce layouts. You should be a fresh thinker and consider yourself to be one of the best designers we'll ever come across.
The founder formerly started an e-commerce agency that went to be acquired by one of the largest internet companies in existence, and he's looking to do it again. Together we'll build some of the best e-commerce sites on the web and enjoy the successes of our work together.
We're just starting out so we need a great designer in place before we can go out and fully attack the market. As things are starting up, the workload will be minimal and will start as freelance/contract work. As things start to ramp, it will turn into more of a full time position. In addition to a great hourly rate, you will have an opportunity to earn equity and participate as a partner in the agency. We're looking for someone for the long haul - someone who can be a partner.
Please review our requirements below. These are more guidelines than requirements - at the end of the day, talent and knowledge trumps all (unless you're an asshole, then we won't work with you no matter how good you are).
- 7+ years of design experience in integrative design, web, advertising and typography - e-commerce experience is absolutely mandatory.
- Expert knowledge of typography, color theory, and composition and possibly an academic background in graphic design, interaction design, or related field.
- Solid understanding and demonstration of user centered design principles and ability to develop simple and elegant design approaches to complex design problems.
- You are a perfectionist who’s obsessed with the details of the details.
- Good understanding of what types of experiences are made possible by current digital technologies and a keen interest in emerging technologies and how they might impact future design decisions and strategic directions.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- You are reliable, keep your promises, and meet your deadlines.
- You can accept honest and candid feedback - we should be past the level of feelings being hurt and challenge each other to produce the best work possible.
- Would be nice if you were in or near NYC, but you can also be virtual.
To apply, send a link to your online portfolio that includes samples of user interface/Web site design and your rationale behind the proposed solutions. We want to see polished, professional visuals with attention paid to structured layouts, information hierarchy, typography, color, and interplay between style and content. Reveal your thought process. We want to understand the fundamental problem and constraints you were presented with, paths you explored, and how you arrived at the final solutions.
Use this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Excellent hourly rate + equity.