Location: Palo, CA
We are looking for a sharp, disciplined, and highly quantitative individual who has a passion for mobile gaming, data mining and mathematical modeling. As a member of the data science team, you will develop and investigate hypotheses, structure experiments and build mathematical models to identify game optimization points that will encourage users to play our games more often, over longer periods of time, resulting in higher lifetime values. We are building a unique technology platform dedicated to the operation and real time optimization of free to play games. This is your chance to be part of gaming history!
- Collaborate with data warehouse engineers on data selection, preprocessing and formatting for analysis
- Build mathematical models and automated machine learning tools to analyze and optimize all aspects of MZ games, providing actionable insights in real time
- Design and implement statistical tests in the game to verify the models
- B.S. or higher in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field.
- Strong background in statistical or mathematical modeling.
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability
- Familiar with SQL or MySQL, or other RDBMS languages
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive and Map/Reduce programming
- Solid understanding of statistical modeling / predictive analysis/ machine learning / data mining / recommender system concepts
- Expert with R, MATLAB, SAS or equivalent
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and track multiple projects in parallel.
- Experience on Unix/Linux OS
- Experience of Hadoop, Hive and Map/Reduce programing
- Other degrees in economics or behavioral sciences
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and unlimited vacation
- Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
- Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
- Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, ping pong table, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including Game of War: Fire Age, iMob 2, Original Gangstaz, Global War, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games and is the recipient of the 2010 Crunchies Award (Techcrunch) for Best Bootstrapped Startup. Machine Zone operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures and Menlo Ventures.
We are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for our gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!
To apply, email your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.