MySQL DBA Performance Analyzer and Tools Developer
Location: Palo Alto, CA.
The MySQL DBA Performance Analyzer and Tools Developer is an integral piece of the Platform Engineering team and reports into the VP of Platform Engineering and Chief Architect. You should be well versed in Linux and have experience with large scale MySQL environments. You will be responsible for helping to deliver high quality online, mobile MMOs, and your work will be seen by tens of millions of global players in the future!
- Create internal tools for MySQL analysis
- Research/configure MySQL and its environments for high throughput
- Automate repeatable tasks no matter their complexity
- 3 years minimum experience in both DBA and Programming
- Well versed in Linux
- Able to program in BASH and make well-formatted scripts for non-programming system administrators
- Able to program in Python and create well-formatted DB related tools for non-python programmers
- Experience with large scale MySQL environments and/or high throughput
- Deep understanding of MySQL servers and the ability to pinpoint problematic queries
- High availability and load balancing experience
- Able to create daily reports on MySQL performance and evaluate the overall health of MySQL servers on a daily basis
- Experience with Ubuntu
- Classic sharding techniques in MySQL
- Percona InnoDB Cluster
- Experience with Percona and Maria DB
Refer a Friend:
We rely on your referrals for our success, and to show our appreciation, Machine Zone offers a Referral Bonus Program. If you refer someone to us for a full-time position and we hire them, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus after 90 days of successful employment. Certain rules, restrictions, and eligibility requirements apply. To make a referral or to learn more about the Referral Bonus Program, please contact us at referral<at>machinezone.com.
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and unlimited vacation
- Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
- Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
- Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, ping pong table, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including Game of War: Fire Age, iMob 2, Original Gangstaz, Global War, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games and is the recipient of the 2010 Crunchies Award (Techcrunch) for Best Bootstrapped Startup. Machine Zone operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures and Menlo Ventures.
We are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for our gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!
To apply, email your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
No Third party applications accepted.
Depends on experience