Machine Zone’s platform group is creating the next generation of communication platform where players from around the world communicate seamlessly in real-time and across languages barriers. We are looking for talented engineers who share this passion and have the can-do attitude to bring these efforts to fruition.
We have a fast paced, dynamic environment where collaboration is key. You should be able to write efficient production grade code with an eye for performance benchmarks, and have a willingness to learn, owning your endeavors and proactively improving features or practices where you see need for improvement. We are looking for someone who enjoys aggressive deadlines and wants to go beyond the status quo to deliver innovative products that advance the state of MMORPG communication.
• Create in-house NLP tools and services
• Improve the state of language translation from thousands of world-wide player chats
• Create conversational agents and dialog systems
• Work on language understanding systems that will drive player engagement tools
• Minimum 1-3 yrs experience, Masters degree or higher
• Technical skill toolbelt should include software development experience in C/C++, scripting abilities in Perl/Python, writing SQL queries, and using statistical and ML toolkits like R/Weka.
• 2+ years of experience working with NLP toolkits and associated open source software
• Experience with Machine Translation or Speech Recognition, either at the graduate level or professionally
• Experience writing NLP tools such as Named entity recognizers, Parsers, Spell checkers, etc.
• Experience with Natural Language Dialog processing and creating conversation agents
• Experience creating API’s, interfacing existing software, and writing libraries
• Experience with internationalization, validation techniques, and using statistical techniques in decision making is a must
• Good coding practices and experience with improving the efficiency of code while considering performance factors
• 5+ years of professional experience or a PhD in NLP related tracks (MT, ASR)
• Open source contributor to NLP libraries or software
Top Reasons to Join Us:
• Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
• Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and flexible vacation
• Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
• Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
• Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including Game of War: Fire Age, iMob 2, Original Gangstaz, Global War, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games and is the recipient of the 2010 Crunchies Award (Techcrunch) for Best Bootstrapped Startup. Machine Zone operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures and Menlo Ventures.
We are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for our gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!
To apply, email your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.