Server Scalability Lead
Location: Palo Alto, CA
The Server Scalability Lead is a key member of the Platform Engineering team and reports into the VP of Platform Engineering and Chief Architect. You should have extensive experience with Objective Oriented development and have built server applications against MySQL. You will be responsible for helping to deliver high quality online, mobile MMOs, and your work will be seen by tens of millions of global players in the future!
- Work closely with the VP of Platform Engineering and Chief Architect to build massive, high-performance, scalable, server-side game components
- Run and analyze load tests; assist in performance optimization of the system
- Ensure software quality by writing Unit and Functional Tests
- Stay up-to-date with new technologies and architectures
- Come up with innovative solutions and interpret high-level, architectural requirements into technically implementable specifications
- 7-10 years of experience, building large scale database applications against MySQL
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field
- Very familiar with relational database management systems (RDBMS), OLTP, redis, NoSQL frameworks, distributed data storages, advanced caching techniques and network protocols
- Strong experience with PHP, C/C++ and Python
- Understanding of database sharding, large data volume
- Solid coding practices including design, unit testing, and peer code-reviews
- Experience working with very large code bases
- Knowledge of Erlang
- Passion for games
Refer a Friend:
We rely on your referrals for our success, and to show our appreciation, Machine Zone offers a Referral Bonus Program. If you refer someone to us for a full-time position and we hire them, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus after 90 days of successful employment. Certain rules, restrictions, and eligibility requirements apply. To make a referral or to learn more about the Referral Bonus Program, please contact us at referral<at>machinezone.com.
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and flexible vacation
- Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
- Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
- Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including Game of War: Fire Age, iMob 2, Original Gangstaz, Global War, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games and is the recipient of the 2010 Crunchies Award (Techcrunch) for Best Bootstrapped Startup. Machine Zone operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures and Menlo Ventures.
We are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for our gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!
To apply, email your Resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.