Software Engineer - Platform at Machine Zone in Palo Alto, CA
Machine Zone’s platform group is creating the next generation of communication platform where players from around the world communicate seamlessly in real-time and across languages barriers. We are looking for talented engineers who share this passion and have the can-do attitude to bring these efforts to fruition.
We have a fast paced, dynamic environment where collaboration is key. You should be able to write efficient production grade code with an eye for performance benchmarks, and have a willingness to learn, owning your endeavors and proactively improving features or practices where you see need for improvement. We are looking for someone who enjoys aggressive deadlines and wants to go beyond the status quo to deliver innovative products that advance the state of MMORPG communication.
- Work on server side and client side game code
- Create API’s for in-house modules and move existing code towards a service based architecture
- Write libraries that can be packaged, installed, and used
- Maintain a crowdsourcing platform and improve its performance
- Maintain and improve translation modules
- Create new and custom variants of an in-house platform for varying uses
- Create front-end interfaces
- Minimum 1-3 yrs experience, Masters degree or higher
- Experience working on games, preferably MMORPG’s
- Technical skill toolbelt should include software development experience in either C/C++ or Java as well as scripting experience in PHP/Lua
- Experience creating API’s, interfacing existing software, and writing libraries
- Good coding practices and experience with improving the efficiency of code while considering performance factors
- Experience writing design specifications and unit tests, maintaining documentation, and performing code reviews
- Experience with crowdsourcing solutions and associated automation
To apply, email your Resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.