Sr. Application Security Engineer
The Sr. Application Security Engineer is a key member of the Engineering team and reports into the CTO/Co-founder. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, in depth knowledge of application security in both web and mobile, and enjoy finding vulnerabilities and "breaking code". You will be responsible for working with developers and building penetration tests to identify vulnerabilities and security holes in our applications.
- Perform code reviews and remediation on identified issue
- Perform application penetration and security functional testing
- Be a subject matter expert for secure coding, penetration testing and mobile platforms and applications
- Develop automation and processes to identify security flaws in code
- Participate in architectural and design discussions
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in an Application Security related field.
- Have experience with web proxies, traffic manipulation, authentication bypass and bizarre edge cases.
- Strong and well-rounded background in host and application security
- Experience with applied cryptography including PKI, SSL, key management, SSH identities
- Experience with financial or sensitive applications and web services-based applications, especially at massive scale.
- Working knowledge of network protocols and web related protocols (ie, TCP/IP, REST, HTTP, HTTPS, IPsec)
- Understanding of techniques for distributed authentication and identity management
- Experience performing application penetration testing
- Proficient in C/C++, Python, PHP, MySQL
- Skilled at use of reverse-engineering tools like IDA Pro (or equivalent alternatives)
- Passionate about information security.
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and unlimited vacation
- Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
- Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
- Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, ping pong table, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including Game of War: Fire Age, iMob 2, Original Gangstaz, Global War, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games and is the recipient of the 2010 Crunchies Award (Techcrunch) for Best Bootstrapped Startup. Machine Zone operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures and Menlo Ventures.
We are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for our gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!
To apply, email your Resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.